Sign in to follow this  
Guest mberg

1900 ILS localizer problem

Guest mberg

In approach mode, at least on my system, the aircraft is real sloppy in capturing and maintaining the localizer. Seems to wonder all over the approach sometimes coming in at an angle that is not safe. This occurs at normal approach angles and shallow angles as well. Checked this against the 1900 in FS2002 which I believe was essentially modeled on the Kingair 350 and there was no problem. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue and if so, any fix?

Guest DanWalloch

I find this with alot of add-on airplanes for FS. For one if you watch the CDI, it doesn't start moving until you're almost on top of the localizer anyhow which causes you to bank excessivly to try to capture it and you blow through it. So there is partially a gauge issue too.

Guest garyh

I was going to post the same problem. It is impossible to do a ILS approach with the B1900. Hopefully it will be addressed.

Guest Paul Heaney

You are correct the BEECH is VERY Sloppy, but that can easily be fixed by lining it up releatively in line yourself, then engage approach.The less turning it has to do, the easier of a time it will have. I've gotten used to the 737NG's smoothness too much.

Guys,The reason is that the 1900 uses FS's default autopilot - there's only so much VV can do to attempt to smooth out FS's junk coupled approach modes. The only way to fully solve it would be to create a custom autopilot like they did for the NG, which unfortunately would raise the development time and the cost of the product (thus defeating the purpose of the Express line of products...)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Wing Root

It's also worth remembering that in real life unsophisticated general aviation aircraft that have a hard commercial life have autopilots that don't work as well as when they came out of the factory. In fact the problems that the PMDG 1900 has with its autopilot are similar to those on real aircraft, and as a real pilot you just manually fly or use the AP for basic duties like heading hold and altitude hold. I fly an aircraft that always flys about 6 degrees off where you have the bug set and I haven't flown any aircraft YET that can perform a proper intercept of a VOR radial or Localiser.An interesting story that I was told by a pilot in a regional airline here in Australia was that when they were having problems and extreme costs associated with the repair of the autopilots in the Fairchild Metro aircraft they were operating the company decided - in accordance with the regulations (CAO 20.18 para. 4.1B for those interested http://www.casa.gov.au/download/orders/Cao20/2018.pdf ) to just rip out the autopilots altogether.... problem solved! The pilots were pretty P**sed though :-)Matthew Vanstone