Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMy Li

RXP wx500 added to 737NG Main Panel

Hi,i already know the exact position, i just can't get the "1" simicon proper resized (to the size of the wxr button) and transparent. Can you tell me how you managed to get the simicon invisible/transparent? I would like to integrate this ;-)Thanks !regardsjanosch

Guest ToMy Li

It's very simple mate... Just open 1.bmp file with PaintBrush for example, paint all the small square in BLACK color, after save it in the same .BMP format. And zip it already to .cab extension Then you have it done... Please post urgently the exactly position :-8

Instructions to add the RealityXP Wx500 weather radar on the PMDG B737NG.Following these instructions you will be able to open the Wx500 using the weather icon in the main 737NG panel (look for the tooltip "Weather Radar") and close it by mouse clicking at the radar centre.I used this modification in FS2004 only but see no reason for not working in FS2002.1) Make a backup copy of your PMDGB737-700 panel.cfg located in directory "panel". You may repeat step 5 for the panel.cfg located in directory panel.vc.2) Open the attached zip file and extract file "cpt.icons.cab" (as it is, don

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest ToMy Li

Im waiting Janosch post here the exact position "X and "Y" for set the simicon just onto WXR Switch 737 NG Main Panel :-boom

He did ..Its :gauge24=cpt.icons!500_T, 379,488,19,16I tried it it works nice. You don't see any Simicon, just press the WXR button of PMDG.It would be nice if we could have the same button enabled in the Zoom view panel.Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vateud.org/images/vatsim-eurs.gifhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

I apologize but I forgot to add my name at the above message that starts with "Instructions to add the RealityXP Wx500 weather radar on the PMDG B737NG"!Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest ToMy Li

ThankS Kyprianos Biris

Guest dirk1000

Hi, Janosch What about the frame rate impact using the wx500 with PMDG 737NG?Thanks for your apreciation.Dirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Hi Dirk,i don't know how the Reality XP guys did this but i have exactthe same frames with the wx500 as without. I tried with the PMDG 1900 and several other aircrafts and i have no measurable fps impact when the wx500 is visible and switched on!It's really impressive.regardsjanosch

Guest ToMy Li

WX500 Reality under 737 PMDG 1.3, works wonderful and awesome... it's incredible believe me.

Guest vassilis

Guys,I have found a way to integrate Reality XP weather radar WX500 into PMDG 737NG Zoomed Panel as shown in the attachment, without affecting the same function in main panel.All I have to say is that you have to make a compromise to make this work. The compromise is that:1. You won't be able to use EICAS pop up window, because that will be the weather radar in both main and zoom panel modes. Meaning, that when you click on the EICAS gauge you will have a pop up weather radar positioned for use in the zoom panel. Click again in the weather radar and you will be back on the EICAS.2. During main panel usage you will have to open and close weather radar only by using the WX button on the EFIS panel, if you have enabled it as described on the above topics.So, if you're ready, do the following:1. As always, backup the original panel.cfg file2.Follow the instructions from Janosch and Endmundo above to integrate weather radar to the main panel (if you haven't done it already)3. Install the RXPWX500.INI file in every PMDG directory under FS2004/aircrafts 4. Open the RXPWX500.INI File and change the popup ident to 10303 (which corresponds to EICAS popup window).5. Make the following changes to your panel.cfg{Window13} // EICAS Popupsize_mm=390,380position=2visible=0ident=10303window_pos= 0.625, 0.560gauge00=RealityXP_WX500!RDR, 0,0,390,380,EICAS POPUP6. Save the file, and there you go.7. You can still have the WX button available in the EFIS of the zoom panel if you add the following line:{Window02} // PMDG_ZOOM_PANEL.......gauge15=cpt.icons!500_T, 379,488,19,16By doing that you will be able to engage the WX500 in the size of the main panel gauges. To disable it, just click on the WX button again.Just remember:In the Zoom Panel, Click the EICAS to deploy Weather Radar. Click the Weather Radar to have your EICAS back.In the main panel, click the WX button on the EFIS to engage WX500 and the same button to disengage it.Happy FlyingVassilis BeglisThessaloniki, Greece

Hi!This looks really cool! Do you need any payware program or is this toggle file from AVSIM and the changed settings in the panel.cfg file all you need?Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Hi,the only payware you need is the wx500 Wheather Radar from Reality XP. The "toggle file" is available for free in the AVSIM File Library.regardsjanosch

Guest vassilis

Richard,You have to buy Reality XP WX500 Weather Radar and then change all these settings to your panel.cfg.Don't think of it twice. Excellent device: www.reality-xp.comVassilis