Sign in to follow this  
Guest rici

747 Pedestal

Guest rici

Hi all.I just want to enquire about the 747. The 737NG was an amazing project, better than any other for the FS airliner market and the 744 looks amazing too! I was a bit disappointed with the lack of a pedestal panel in the 737 however. Will you be doing one for the 744? It will make the project complete. Flight1 are doing a complete pedestal for the ATR, and even PSS do this panel!I doubt it would take too much effort because the FMC is just a copy of the other two, and the radio and audio panels are just replicated three times. I admit I know nothing about computer programing but surly an audio panel would not be too hard to make? Plus of course you have the seatbelt and no smoking signs, evac handel etc down there to. Is there anyway you could complete the pedstal to the same degree of accuracy as the overhead guys?ThanksRichard(EdItEd cUz i cAnt spElll PrOper?! )

"I doubt it would take too much effort...."(No comment)"...the FMC is just a copy of the other two, and the radio and audio panels are just replicated three times."But they don't all do the same thing at the same time, Richard, so the sim would be crunching an awful lot of numbers to run these panels independently.Also, they have different power sources, some don't have the functions others do, etc...."but surly an audio panel would not be too hard to make?"Who are you calling "surly"? :-)But.... 1. They are interactive with each other in some respects.2. They have special features (such as a double pushes of the CAB Int MIC button and (optionally) "locked" VHF receive buttons when a particular Radio Control Panel is selected to the emergency frequency).3. They are affected by the switch on the overhead panel.4. To make things realistic, wouldn't all the audio selections need to have their own independent audio channels (basically dozens), each with variable volume levels?Easy, perhaps, when you are not looking for realism ;-)Cheers.Ian.

Guest rici

Sorry, missunderstanding. I did not mean a fully functioning panel, just a graphical representation of it like PSS did with their airbus. Thats all! So, the audio panel would not be clickable, just modeled. It would be done for the VC so why not 2D? Although PSS's pedestal was not functional, it made it look a whole lot better. Thats all!Richard