Sign in to follow this  
tstiegler

B1900D Mixture settings

Hi PMDG Team,first, let me say I was wrong with my critics about the panel complexity. My apologies for that. After a few flights I have to say that it's really fun only to jump in and hand-fly this aircraft a short leg. But now there is the following question. The manual describes how to handle torque, rpm and fuel flow at the variuous stages of the flight, but what about the mixture? Is there a procedure how an when to lean?Regards, Tom.

Guest gbaglietto

Hi, I am not sure what your critics were, but I can see you are kind of new on what a turbine engine concerns. First of all rpms are controlled similars to a piston constant speed propellers, the only difference is that, in a free turbine aircraft such as the Beech 1900 which has a Pratt & Wittney PT-6A. Which lets you feather the prop while the turbine is running,(actually you start the engines at "feather" position). There is no "mixture" in turbine engines, its called in most cases "condition levers", just as in a jet engine, when you start the engine you move the levers to the low idle position, then to the high idle, some have a "ground-idle" position, the ATR has an "idle gate", in this case of the king air or beech 1900 you have low idle and high idle positions. You dont move these levers along the flight as far I'm concerned, your fuel flow will vary depending on your altitude and your power, usually managed with torque in turboprop engines. I hope you found this helpful.Regards.-Gabriel

Gabriel,yes, I'm new to that kind of aircraft. Thank you for your explanation, fully understood :-)Tom.