Sign in to follow this  
Guest Premier Airways

Big trouble landing

Guest Premier Airways

I am having some trouble with frame rates. Actually BIG trouble. I am at around 2-3 on take of, and 2-3 on landing. Primarily in all aircraft. Here is what is in my system, and if anyone can help, I would sure appreciate it.Base processor and speed Intel P4 2.66 GHz 533 MHz high performance system bus (FSB) Memory 1ghz DDR PC2100 WIN XP Home EditionHard drive 120 GB Ultra DMA 5400 rpm ATI Radeon 9600 128 mb DDRPlease help if you can

2-3 fps on takeoff? man, you got some serious trouble.even without radeon 9600, with 2.53ghz you WILL get more than 2-3fps.I don't know your settings though, driver version.I would suspect it's some system problem.Maybe clean up the radeon drivers with driver cleaner, install 4.2, delete fs9.cfg and then try and see if you get more.And report then your FPS with Cessna default on some NON-HEAVY airfield (like LOWL in Austria for instance).

Guest Premier Airways

I will give it a tryTHANKS!!!

It depends on so much, but you shouldn't be that low with that system, and I stress this point, provided you have the OS and MSFS settings the way they should be. I have no idea what programs you might have turned on in the background, nor what your service settings are like. Also, I think even with a top-end system, FS9 requires a lower than maximum performance setting in it's various menus. Are you using a lot of add-on AI traffic or even Ultimate Traffic?I'm using a P4 1.8 Northwood with 1 gig RDRAM and a GeForce Ti4600 (128 MB). I get around 20 to 25 FPS, locked at 25. Only goes down in extremely high traffic areas (e.g., LAX) or if I try to run too many things in the sim. My FS9 setting range from medium to high. My autogen is set to normal, I renamed the autogen.xml file, my visibility is set lowest, clouds 100% 3D, cloud density is medium, and I'm using the first set of high peroformance clouds from FSW. My screen resoultion, however, is 1280 X 1024 and my AI traffic is UT at 40%. It took a lot of tweaking to get things where I like them.If you played with the appropriate tweaks and FS9 settings, then it's obviously a driver or system issue.Good luck,Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Premier Airways

thanks for all the sugestions. Just to give you some backround, I have shut all the settings to minimal, and left the traffic at 100%. That kills my system (the traffic). One suggestion was deleting the FS9 config file. does that mean delete it and reload the flight sim? or delete it and run the program. Also, in the backround is Weather BugMicrosoft Instant MessangerMusic MatchAti Control Panel. I have shut these down in the past, but has made no difference. I downloaded the latest drivers for the video card, and still no change. So, that is where I am right now. Most of my settings are set to the high level. I sort of figured the computer would handle it. Any more info on the config file would help.ThanksPaul

Well, can't speak for the traffic, as I don't use it. Never.I fly 99% of the flights on VATSIM, and that's my traffic, which I saw that can be pretty hard on the system. Especially depends on the settings how the aircraft should look (details, reflections etc...).Deleting fs9.cfg file will reset all settings to default. I basically suggest you RENAME it, then run the fsim and see what happens. Of course, you gotta set all the settings back again as they were, or let's say, the important ones (like texture size, resolution, T&L etc...)Background programs will rarely interfere so much that you will notice the difference on the FPS, rather will have impact on RAM and to the smoothness - and mentioning that, I sometimes even burn DVD while simming (long flights with AP).Btw. those two services that are installed from ati and that load those two files, you can turn the off. I have them disabled, and never had a program with anything.With my Radeon even, I don't run at high level (if you want, I can post you my settings, so you can see...), so I don't even think that you should (or could, for that matter).Considering lines in fs9.cfg, do a search in tips and tricks forum, it's full of different explanations how to make things faster.

Guest Paul Heaney

Your not using Force Feedback are you? Disable it, My frames were at a stand still, I disabled it and they are a Beaut now.

Guest Craigy

"I have shut all the settings to minimal, and leftthe traffic at 100%. That kills my system (the traffic)."What AI planes are you using?Only use ones designed for AI, such as Ultimate Trafffic/Project AI.The default MS ones are framerate killers, and the highly detailed ones like POSKY, iFDG - just don't use them for AI.Regards,Craig.

Guest Premier Airways

Well, thanks for your help guys, I think I have it licked now. Seems I had my setting to high. Also, AI traffic seems to be the big problem. Which I dont understand. I was using Project AI, and it really hits the frame rates. Why offer it if it doesnt work? Or, what in the heck do you need to run the darn thing? Thanks Again,Paul

In Microsoft tips section it tells about the autogen bugs, whereby the fast food signs and other newer autogenerated scenery seems to cause major problems with frame rates and memory leaks. I, like a lot of people, chose to rename it, which disables it from working. The standard autogen still works, but the make believe signs and other junk doesn't show.Go to the MS Flight Simulator General Discussion Forum here on Avsim and at the top is a line that says MS Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks. That folder has all the important tweaks for the sim.I think this is the link:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=177Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I'm not sure why the trouble with AI. Like I said, I use UT which really hits hard, I think more than PAI in fact, but who knows.Chris

- Chris

I have the ATI Radeon 9600XT, but otherwise very similar specs to you. Try checking out the info in this link:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...topic_id=173789It's pretty long, but most of the tips helped me greatly, especially the hardware configuration suggestions. I have my frames locked solid at 22 FPS, and the only drop is at a busy SimFlyers scenery airport with lots of traffic...goes down to about 14-16...but that is as bad as it gets.Give it a shot and see what happens.