Sign in to follow this  

JEEEZ!!! Am I a blabber-mouth!!

Guest Heather 636

Jamaica repaint? I believe that would be Anniette's. The only thing I've done so far is the DC-3 you see on my signature; but planning more.Cheers!Heather

Guest Lindy

I promised Tallpilot aka Cap'n Tall aka Ed Weber to ask you (sister simmer to sister simmer - as he puts it) if you would be so kind as to consider undertaking a 2nd repaint of the Baron for FS02. Ed's personal Baron (Big Red) is hangared at Lake Havasu, AZ. Someone did a white/red repaint of it (it's in the Library -- baron_red I think is the name) but Big Red is actually white/orange/red with red trim. Ed has tons of photos of it which he would be glad to e-mail to you to help. I might even have a pic or two myself. I know he would really really like a more "finished" livery for his plane. The current repaint was also done as a favor to him and is excellent but it is missing a few details.Waddya say?? :-zhelp -Lindy :-wave

Heather, don't you dare think you are posting too much. We can certainly use the female point of views around here. I'm always hoping for more females to become regulars in the hobby around here. I feel the females are somewhat under-represented around here. :-)

Guest Lindy

Females are underrepresented!!??? Ya think!!!! :-roll I'm only just recently seeing some women posting on the forum and I've been here - how long? --- since shortly after Avsim started.C'mon ladies...... I know you're out there. UNITE!!! -Lindy :( :-wave

If I may add to what Scott said;Since the female segment of this hobby has joined us guys, the post here are more enjoyable, pleasant and informative.So Heather, Kathy, Lindy and Anniette and others, I tip my hat and say thank you and God bless you.Brent H/PF

Yes you are indeed ,It is fortunate that you are or I would definatly have to fill this position ,So Thank you from Everyone for keeping me Pretty Quiet ;)Alpha xxxxxxxxxx

I'll second that ! Although sometimes it gets confusing as to the gender of the poster - pseudenyms aside, some latin/south american/european contributors have first names that sound feminine but are, in fact, masculine ! I've put my foot-in-mouth at least twice because of this !Anyway, your replies are always welcome !

Guest jon_151

Well it makes me want to response to this post.Actually Gender doesn't really matter to me, if you are participating in Avsim, don't feel bad because there are a lot guys here.I don't know you much perhaps this is the first time I reply to your post, but I see you really help people here ! and that what makes you feel welcome here and you're part of Avsim growing community !.Post count doesn't matter, as long as it's how you contribute to this community, I myself have this much post count (LOL am I the highest here in Avsim ?), the only forum I spent much of my time is the POSKY forum and in Screenshot forum :D.Well as the matter of fact Gender doesn't matter much in this forum, glad to see Woman involving in Aviation and I hope more woman will have interest in aviation, there are woman pilots in my country too, there are woman aircraft mechanic and many more woman involves in Aviation in the world.So make yourself feel like at home in this virtual world :).

Guest Heather 636

There's no better way to put it, you're all the greatest! Absolutely, the greatest!No wonder that I am here so much!To all of you, cheers!Heather

Guest Heather 636

Hi Lindy!At the very least, I can take a look at it if you have some pictures to post or send me ( pharoah42@eritter.net ); but I must reiterate, I am TRULY and AMATEUR at this stuff. That DC-3 I painted was a work of love. I have always been very fond of that airplane, even before jumping out of them. Even then, I was SO glad when I was finished. It showed me just how much of a labor a "good" job can be. And here I thought I was going to kick that out in an afternoon, right!! There were many times, alot of which depended on my fatigue level, that I would tell myself, "That's good enough," only to come back later and tinker with a particular section again that kept bugging me as just not being quite right. I come from a family of perfectionists and that stigma is always habging over my head. My father would often say as I was growing up, "You may not be the best, but always do the best you can do."Although, thanks to a friend, I just got Paint Shop Pro 7, much of it still confuses the bejeesus out of me. Doing that DC-3 still required me to seek help on a few applications such as the clear windows and the like (again, thanks Lou). This Alpha file and layering business is really over my head. I have a lot of learning curve ahead of me before I will ever remotely consider myself good at it.Now, if you want somebody who can be tenacious at working with a texture, pixel by pixel, until it looks "right," then I'm your gal. I rarely know when to give up, even when whipped. On more than one past occasion, I've gotten up again when anyone with more sense would have stayed down.Just like the DC-3 I did. I still intend to upload those textures, one way or another, I'm just being careful so that I don't get into trouble again. What i wish i could do is give them to someone who knows their "legaleze" and let them upload them for the community. I'm just scared that with what is currently going on with the "DC-3 Team", especially right after my fiasco with my first upload, somebody will take their anger out on me and zero in.Anyway, you see, I told you all I'm a blabber-mouth, not to mention long-winded, or would it be long-typed. Send me some preliminary pictures and a source of the plane he would want painted so that I can get a better look at the textures and we'll take it from there. No guarantees, it may very well look like, well, umm, bad by the time I'm done with it.Sincerely,Heather

Guest Lindy

Heather..... thanks for being willing to at least take a look at it. I'll see if I can't dig up some good pics of "Big Red." If I can't find anything suitable, I KNOW Tallpilot will have some!!There's no big hurry, I'm sure. Ed is a pretty patient sort. Uh.... source???? See what a neophyte I am...... what do you mean by source? The current repaint is in the Library (Baron_red I think is the name) if that's any help. :-shy-Lindy :-rotor wannabe

Guest Heather 636

Hi again!Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. I had to shut down for awhile to allow a thunderstorm to pass throuh; hard on my modems. Besides, I like to go outside and watch them.Again, to reveal how much of an amateur at this I am, what I meant by source, is what "model", as in filename, he is using. I am not highly knowledgable on civilian aircraft and I don't think I even have a Baron in my hangar.Is there more than one kind?Does he have a favorite model made by somebody. FS2000, FS2002, GMAX, etc.?I would like to work with the same exact model he is using on his simulator because I don't even know if textures made for one will work with another.It would be a real bummer were I to do this and they wouldn't work on the one he's using.One last note, any pictures you send for painting reference would be better in higher resolutions if you have them. That allows me to zoom in to study them better without getting that pixelation so often experienced with lower resolution photographs.Anyway, I'm willing to give it a shot hun, just can't guarantee what kind of success I'm going to have.Cheers!Heather