Sign in to follow this  
Jay R

Need HELP Using Voice Pack Utility!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Guest HeavyFan

Hi there! I have just downloaded the Voice Pack utility! And the Net>work program to make the Utility run!! Now I can Open it up fine and the program shows me all the voices etc.....with sound!! Now I am trying to get SOUTHWEST to work, but I am really confused as to what to do?? I read the Readme but it gives little info on a step by step procedure to make things work! Can someone PLEASE explain to me what exactly do i gotta do to Get these new Airline names saved and working in FS2002??? I Made a new name for SOUTHWEST then hit SAVEDAS button, i see the file in the Viocepack folder!! So what do i do then?? I tried hitting update Voicepack button but still don't get SOUTHWEST in FS2002. I even put the name in the FS2002 Airline CFG but still nothing! I am Stumped!! PLEASE if anyone has run this utility succesfully please explain what i gotta do to get this thing working!! I want to correct all the bad airlines ATC is saying like Cathay...and add Southwest and others etc.......! I would apprecitate the HELP! Thanks MIKE-:)

Hi Mike,All I had to do was run the program and open the Samples.vcpmod file and load it into the program. Then goto File > Update voicepack and i will take about 20 secs to update then it should work.Also I dont know if this is for real or not but I think you need to have the default USenglishbig.gvp file because I had a modified one and it did not work so I just went to the FS2002 CD and extracted the default file from 10voices.cab and it worked like a charm.Brandon

I agree with you. I want to add MIG to the MIG-21 and can't figure out what to do either. Read the readme but I'm still lost in space! I hope some expert will post a step-by-step way to use it. I loaded the sample file but it does not include MIG.

Guest HeavyFan

OK! I will try to load the Sample Voice Pack file that i see in there already!! And My voice file in FS is unmodified and I also made a backup copy of it and put it in another Directory!! Can anyone else explin in more detail on what to do here!! Thanks MIKE-:)

Guest P3_Super_Bee

When program is open click on file in upper left click file, on drop down click import. Then open the sample. Then click file again and then click update. After that is done click the tools button and then click update airline.cfg. Pretty simple, though it took me a couple of tries to get it right. :-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/images/675-2n.jpg

Hi there,there might be problems using this tool with other sound packages than the usenglishbig.gvp, for example there are problems with the germanbig.gvp due to the fact that the wav files have different lenght. The program isn

Guest HeavyFan

Thank's SO Much JEFF!! The info you gave me worked perfecly!! Now I have ATC Saying SOUTHWEST now!! I am so happy! There Are so many new ones now that i gota go back and put in the Callsign's to all my planes that did not have any!! Also than's to LARS for making this great program!! MIKE-:)

Sweet.....Man I gotta get in the habit of Reading The Fine Manual!!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"