Sign in to follow this  

RealityXP - Config Tool Problems - Can someone help

I configured a number of A/C and I get the same results in every plane. Take a look at the picture. When it first comes up it's in this tiny little window. The second picture is after I have expanded it somewhat and you can see the image. Wazzup?Anyone else having this problemRegardsBobG

Guest PhilC

That seems to be by design. If you click the top portion of this mini-icon the GPS displays and if you click the lower half the redio stack displays. Don't know if you can turn it on and off yet. Mine does not appear in a bordered window like your screenshot. It's more descreet but I don't feel that I need it. Guess I should read the manual?I can't get past loading a flightplan without it crashing at this moment.Still experimenting with it.

Well, there I go again. It's nice having the 800 number to the forum rather than read the manual. I was sure I had a problem. Ok thanks I will try it. Post your results though.TksBobG

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi BobG,this is the new ministack! click on the GPS to toggle the GPS popup window, and click on the radios to toggle the Radios popup window! this is a neat feature.Hope it helps!

Yes it did JeanLuc. The other post gave me exactly the same advise. I never thought thats how it worked. Very cool.Tks againBobG

The documentation calls that thing in the upper left corner a mini-stack. The mini-stack is an additional window in your panel, and it is on by default in the 2-d panel, and off by default in the virtual panel. You can turn this mini-stack on and off with its corresponding shift-n keystroke, where n varies depending on the aircraft you're using, and how many windows it has.For the default 172, you can turn on/off 5 different windows using shift-1 (the main panel), shift-2 (MS radio stack), shift-3 (MS GPS), shift-4 (annunciators), and shift-5 (compass). When you use Reality-XP's panel configurator, it adds 3 new windows: shift-6 (the mini-panel), shift-7 (Reality XP GPS) and shift-8 (Reality XP radio stack).As I mentioned previously, the mini-panel is off by default in the virtual cockpit, but you can turn it on with shift-6, and you can turn it off in the regular 2-d panel with shift-6 as well.jkvato1.jpg

Guest Stardog

Its totally awesome!!!!I now have the great default stack in my Archer II and the Reality-XP stack and both function perfectly.That little tool made this add-on so much nicer!

I love the Reality XP stack, but found that when I installed it in the Dreamfleet Archer II, FS would exit with an error whenever I switched planes or tried to shut down the simulator. I ultimately found that I could run the GPS unit in the Archer with no problem, but none of the radios.From the sounds of the post above, it sounds like this may have been fixed. Is that so?--Tony

Guest Stardog

Well I downloaded the new version of Reality-XP, uninstalled the old version and installed the new one.I then added the stack to the Archer II and it works great and I have the great stock stack also.So i had no problem with it

Guest PhilC

I was wondering if anyone else can duplicate this error:I downloaded the FlightLine Avionics Tutorial v1.2 from RealityXP's site. Loading the included flight and following the tutorial exactly...When loading a flightplan, I scroll through a few plans with the outer knob trying to find the one associated with the tutorial and MSFS crashes. In Map View, when I zoom in and out a few times, especially below the 5 mile range, MSFS crashes with the same error. The error is in fs2002.exe and associated with the a RealityXP gau file.Anyone else?

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi PhilC,just a thought: have you tried to contact the technical support since your first post ?hope it helps!

Guest PhilC

Yes, I sent them a message from their tech support site. I was just wondering if it was just my system for some reason.

Phil,I had a similar problem in that I could load some plans and then it would crash. I took some plans out of the /myflts directory and found I could get to plans I couldn't get to before.You might want to try taking all plans out of the directory and then add them back one at a time to see which ones are causing the crash.I have installed but not tried the new version so I don't know if that has solved my problem.David Wickes