Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

AI Maniacs

This may have been covered before, but tonight I got toreally see it first hand... Does it seem like the Project AI planes fly like maniacs?I mean even more than normal MS stuff? I've noted theseturkeys fly into each other, routinely have their IFRclearances cancelled, land at steep angles and disappear.....crowd up very tightly on the tarmac to depart. maybe4 feet separation. The Project AI guys have done a MARVELOUSjob on this project. Im enjoying it, but the local IFRhazards are getting prohibitive.Im flying tonight in my sporty Cessna 421C and am on finalat KMCO. Cleared IFR number one for Landing. Im keepingthe airspeed up some because I got heavy jets breathing downmy back...next thing I know this whacko AI plane comescruising in over the top of me and lands in a B737. http://www.aluminumcloud.com/fs2002/maniac.gifEric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Don't associate this problem with ProjectAI. It occurs with the default AI aircraft, as well.That said! The more flight plans you have installed for an airport will cause this problem to occur more frequently. The AI aircraft follow the plan and are directed by FS2002 AI software to fly the appropiate approach based on wind and runway availability. Since the AI are following their plan, they don't even recognize other AI aircraft.The FS2002 ATC module should be controlling the separation of aircraft but it doesn't. The AI aircraft fly to an initial reporting point (usually 6 miles from touchdown), make the call to tower, tower authorizes them to land. Tower doesn't intervene until an aircraft ahead is actually on the runway before it will tell an aircraft behind to go around. Tower also doesn't intervene when aircraft no. 2 flies past aircraft no. 1. Tower will intervene if aircraft no. 2 lands first and will tell aircraft no. 1 to go around.An excellent tool to watch AI aircraft from a radar perspective is AIVIEW.