Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

Just ordered AMD 2100XP CPU

Anyone else have this CPU? How is FS2002 with with...I currently use a 1.4Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest Max Cowgill

>Anyone else have this CPU? How is FS2002 with with...I >currently use a 1.4 >>Thanks, >Bill Bill, that CPU is not compatible with Windows XP, you have to run it on Macintosh OS X ;) hehe, j/k you should do just fine with an XP2100. Depending on your in-game settings and a few other factors (FSB speed, video card, ram timings, yada yada) expect around 25fps solid with most sliders maxed/just under max. settings.Max Cowgill

Bill,I've just built a new rig with an XP2100 sat inside an Epox 8K3A, along with 512mb Corsair XS3000 DDR and a Gainward ti4600 GS.Let's just say it doesn't hang about ;)If I hadn't have had to disconnect the two case fans to preserve my hearing I'd be seriously winding the fsb up :)

Guest PaulL01

>Anyone else have this CPU? How is FS2002 with with...I >currently use a 1.4 >>Thanks, >BillBill,Did you order the new T-bred version?I will have some detailed benchmarks of FS2k2 performance up very soon with my system but slowed down to XP2100 speeds with a GF3 vs. GF4TI4400 (runing @ 4600 speed). :-rollDetails here:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID8 Later, :)

Just last week I twent from a 1.4ghz AMD to the 2100XP, I am running Win XP home and I finally have the sim I wanted - smoothness at densely populated AI airports. I still have a little bit of stuttering when turning and looking out the side windows at some detailed airports, but I attribute that to my having several high polygon AI traffic out there. I'll be switching to PAI tomorrow and that should about cure that. But all in all I think you will be very happy with the performance you'll get.

NICE, thats what I want to hear...thanks!Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest Joshieca

I have been running the 1900+ with a via266a board now for months and its rock solid.I just ordered a new video card, Leadtek Ti4600 should be here sometime today. :) Can't wait.[br][br][div align=center]http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif