Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simpit

strange new problem

HiThis is wierd. Whenever I run FS2K2 my computer starts beeping.Irregular tones and frequency. But only with the sim running. The sound is not coming thru my sound card and speakers, but from the PC itself.Checked the Windows Task Manager and CPU usage soars to 100% and stays there when the sim is running. Is this normal?What can those beeping sounds mean ?The sim still seems to run ok but the incessant beeping drives me nuts.Windows XPP4 2.2Asus 2661024 MB RamGF 4TI 4600 ( monitor 1 )GF MX 100 32 Mb ( Monitor 2 )Many thanksGreg

Guest gasebah

This is usually a serious hardware error message frm the PC. What I cannot understand is that your computer does not crash. Also I guess the CPU usage of 100% cannot be right. Normally I would suoect a memory problem especially as you have so much memory that should go hot like hell with FS2002 running when 4x bank interleave is enabled.But if the sim is running fine except the beeping I do not know.Maybe you simply cut the speaker wire (LOL).Alex

I too had this strange beep from my PC last night, three tones. Never heard it before. It strikes me now that I installed .NET frameworks yesterday, required by the new EditVoicepack program. A lot of new systemfiles was added to my system. Could be it?ROger

Guest Simpit

Sounds like a temperature alarm. I had a computer do this intermittently and it drove my wife nuts, as it would only do it when I wasn't around to figure it out... and she didn't describe it well enough for me to diagnose x( Turns out she was blocking the vents on the side of the computer every so often with some paper or something, which meant the temperature sensor on the motherboard hit the alarm temperature set in the bios. Once I was able to figure that out the rest was easy :-yellow1 So my advice would be to check your bios and see what the alarm temperatures are set to, and either get more cooling or raise the setting. You may have to check around to see what a good safe range for your CPU is.Derek