Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Lets Talk TCAS2

I have to commend the entire PMDG team, including the Beta testers. If a product was created by huge corporation, equal to the standard of the 737 series, (like the developer of FS) the cost to the end users would be enormous. Coming from a business background in wholesale and retail, the pricing for PMDG's product's is nothing short of exceptional value for money.I'll admit that I have "wasted" money, well earnt, on products that have not provided any customer service what-so-ever, are outdated after just 12 months, and news of further development or "upgrade costs" is not heard of. PMDG have set a benchmark in their R & D, production, distribution, pricing and customer service for all other developers to be aware of.This community has a captured audience, as it is addictive, and by god PMDG are leading by example.Congratulations.

>released. Just don't do it on VATSIM in sight of ATC!>>Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED):-lolI suggest you write in Flight Plan notes : PMDG 800/900 and the controllers will understand !Lee check this out.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...83&mesg_id=1783 the (Olympic260 post)You can do it on line in VATSIM even with AI so controller won't freak out !Excellent news and I would like to congratulate you (Lee & Lefteris) for such an excellent upgrade. Can't wait till its released.Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vateud.org/images/vatsim-eurs.gifhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Guest tcable

Just remember to set your transponder to TA/RA too :)I too can't wait to see the implementation in the 737. Having experienced TCAS as a jump seat pax years ago, it is a great tool for SA, (you see your approach slot before you are on the localizer) let alone collision avoidance. It definately helps the Mk.I eyball anyday.Tim

Guest tmetzinger

How are the various TCAS modes selected? I didn't see the TCAS mode switch on the radar portion of the radio panel.I expect we can leave TCAS off except for traffic that would cause a TA or RA?

>I assume this is true-to-life?Yes, it is.. :)Best regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Ross

I'd just like to say a great big resounding "THANKS" to Lee, Lefteris and all the programmers and Beta testers who have brought us this wonderful aircraft. I've been an avid flight simmer since the days of "Fighter Pilot" on the Amstrad CPC and now, more years down the line than I care to remember we are at a pinnacle of Flight Simulator realism thanks to you. It is indeed a credit to PMDG that you can come into the MSFS marketplace and make the companies that were once thought to be "cutting edge developers" seem very ordinary and run of the mill. So once again, thanks and keep going PMDG, you are making so many of us happy and generating a new breed of "Flight Sim Widows". How can we get any closer to real aircraft operations without bundling a set of Hydraulic motion jacks with each PMDG purchase?

Guest Sartori23

What can I say, PMDG rocks!!! Everytime I swing by this forum to see whats new, I am amazed. I can't wait for the 800/900 and am looking forward to all future releases. Carl Moore

Guest KSTLFF

I also have to commend the entire PMDG team, including the Beta testers. You guys do an awsome job!!! I love your products. I too am curious to know if the Big Beautiful Queen, (747) will have this TCAS2???Looking very foward to the release of the PMDG 747-400 series.Keep up the fine work you gentelmen do. It is very much appreciated !!Blue SkiesBrett Lucas