Sign in to follow this  

Air Racing Scenery? Did any ever get released?

Guest Stardog

I am curious if anyone ever made any air racing scenery.I remember when the mustang package got released there was talk taht someone was doing a scenery to go with it that had pylons and such.Anyone know? Or has anyone tried that Extreme Air Racing sim?

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Yes, I did make the air racing scenery for all four circuits and ran it by the Reno Air Racing Association. Here is the reply -----"Hello Richard As the saying goes "A funny thing happened when I tried to do the Right Thing ..." Am a true fan of MS Flt Sim, and have downloaded numerous aircraft and scenery files provided by many authors, so I understand where you're coming from. Our License Agreement with Victory Interactive, author of Xtreme Air Racing, specifically precludes us from allowing others to incorporate the Reno Air Races or the Reno-Stead Airport in an interactive flight simulation computer program. The Airport Authority of Washoe County (the governing agency for Reno-Stead Airport) was enjoined in the execution of the License Agreement for the purpose of acknowledging and agreeing to the terms and conditions thereof. Unfortunately, beginning of story - end of story. We could not extend permissions even if we were so inclined. Sincerely,Dave WilbernDirector of Business Operations"So, I never released it. However, nothing is stop me of sharing it with friends. I will send it to anyone that requests it by email.Frenchy -- out.

Guest Aidi

There is one scenery file available here on AVSIM that places the pylons that make up the Reno race circuit.File Description:This package is an add-on scenery enhancement, designed to give true meaning to such incredible aircraft as the recently released freeware 'RD_P-51D_MUSTANG', by Roger Dial, Steve Small, and Mike Hambly. Highly recommended as the machine of choice for use with this add-on!!!! For those of you that have been to the 'Reno Air Races' at Stead Field, Nevada, you'll find a definite likeness to the unlimited class race course in this package, as it was modeled after the actual pylon layout, using 'Airport 2.60'. After loading up the 'RD Mustang', I found myself thinking there should be a course layout to go with it, so here it is. Just think of the on-line possibilities! (MR)Filename: reno_rc1.zip Author: Clarke R. Forsyth Size: 1075kb http://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Stardog

Well I sure would like to have a copy of it if you dont mind sending it to me. I will not use it for evil I promise :)Thanks for the reply and infostardog@frugalsworld.com

Hi Frenchy, I would like to have the scenery. I won't do anything with it but just load it and race! :D

Frenchy,Check your mail :-).Thanks,Dave.

Guest GZR_Frenchy

No problem with sending it out to you.My email is riqqom@aol.comThink the best way is to email me. That way when you get the reply with the attachment you will know who it is coming from. I open nothing with an attachment unless I know it is coming. May have deleted some really good stuff. But, that is the price of keeping the old computer "clean".Almost forgot. I have a 56k modem and an old hunk of clothesline connection. So the uploads are slow. Frenchy -- out.