Sign in to follow this  
hangar

hmmmm.... I'm pondering

Guest emergency_pants

Hi,I'm stalled over which plane I should purchase.It's a toss-up between:1. Phoenix Simulation's Piper Seneca V @

I would definitely skip the PSS Scenca V and get the Flight1 Cessna!I have all three of these and the Cessna is the best of the 3. Most expensive yes, but it is the best value!Favorite area to Fly--Alaska!

I have all. The seneca was not one of the best ways to spend my money.I woud HIGHLY recommend either the 421 Cessna or the FSD cheyenne. I have these both at the top of my list as favorites, I could not or will not say either is better than the other, they both have very strong points, and each is a true dream. I worked a few hours OT to get both!! :)Sorry if I was no help!!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

I would definatey go with the FSD Cheyenne 400LS. You won't regret itTadd garcia

Guest Stardog

I can say that the Cheyenne is a GREAT plane and well worth the $15.I can not comment on the 421 as I have not tried it. I had to draw the line somewhere and just buy a single addon for certain classes of planes :) Its and addiction I tell ya!!!I have:FSD Piper Super Cub: Bush FlyingR4D DC-3: Bush Flying Larger Loads :)Dreamfleet Archer II: General Aviation Fun and learningFSD Cheyenne: Small Airliner Dreamfleet 737: For the big iron once I work up to it from the CheyenneReality-XP Avionics Package: For learning GPS and because it's just plane cool :)I refuse to buy anything else until FSD gets done with the Porter then I will be adding to my Bush Flying Fleet :)Someone please cut up my credit card!!!!! Please!!!My name is Todd Garner I am a FS Addon addict, I have been 2 weeks without purchasing any new addons.

I have all three:- Buying the Piper Seneca was a big mistake. It is the FS98 panel made ready for FS2002- Cessna 421C is very good, including a very nice Garmin GPS.- Piper Cheyenne is very good too.It depends on your preferences if to buy the 421C or the Cheyenne, both are equally good IMHO.Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest emergency_pants

Thanks for ALL your comments and advice.So the general consensus sems to be to skip the Seneca and I think the Cheyenne will be my first choice. It looks like it's a very versatile plane, in real life, so I can use it to fly in a great many places and situations. Am I right in assuming that? Perhaps the 421 next month, when I get my overtime paid! The Cheyenne was my first 'hunch' anyway... and in my experience, it's often better to go for that buy :)Thanks again.Si.

>Perhaps the 421 next month, when I get my overtime paid! >The Cheyenne was my first 'hunch' anyway... and in my >experience, it's often better to go for that buy :) >Well, I don't know about that :) The C421 is my first choice since I really like VC panels. With a 22" monitor & running the gauges in high resolution it really does look good. Just adding to the confusion!! :)L.Adamson

Si...i also have all 3 planes and i would definately go with either the cheyenne or the c421...if outward visibility (for vfr) is most important to you then go with the cessna. The cheyenne has limited visibility looking out of the cockpit (the engines will block your view out the side windows) and i feel its best used for ifr flights.The C421 is great for both vfr and ifr flights and the panel/systems are complex enough to keep you busy during flight :-)Dave

Guest lawyerpilot

I noticed a post yesterday where you were talking about the 421 patch taking the res back to 512x512 on the gauges. How can you adjust that? I am running a 19" with 1600x1200x32 with the rig below, and cannot figure out even with tweaking programs, how to get the gauges clearer in VC. They are still a little fuzzy. Any ideas?>>L.Adamson P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."