Sign in to follow this  
Cpudan80

Questions from a prospective buyer..

Hey everyone: I've got a couple of questions about PMDG's 737 NG before I head off and purchase it. First let me say that I was a big fan of PMDG's aircraft for FLY! - they were my favorite birds...But - here are the questions: 1: What kind of performance (FPS wise) should I expect with my machine (specs below) - under normal weather conditions with a medium to high amount of PAI aircraft. 2: How big is the download - and how much space does the bird take after the install (this is not an issue - just wondering...)Thanks! -- Looking forward to your responsesDan :) :+PS. Let me know if you need any more informationSpecs:Pentium 4 2.53 GHzNvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600 -- Latest DriversFlat panel display -- 18"Windows XP Pro SP1512 MB RAM (PC800 I think)120 GB HD (Maxtor - 7200 RPM I think)CH Yoke USB LE and pedals (USB)

I have a AMD 2100 XP 512 DDR and a 4200 Ti and get good frames IMO. Of course I turn down the clouds a great deal. This bird is not like any others so hard to compare, you can run it fine but do not except your cake too but you might get lucky if you compromise and or tweak correctly ;) 60 something megs, not very large. There is nothing like it IMO (PIC of course is exempt from that statement)! [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Just go for it nothing to compare the best around the virtual blok :-)Should only add some more ram to 1 gb ;-)As for frame rates it depends on your settings and tweaks ;-)Just upgrade my G4TI4200 to a ATI 9800 pro :-)As for download size about 69 mb.... After install and in my case with installed liveries 1,3 gb :-)If not flying GA the PMDG is the only one that will leave my hangar...Succes and have fun...Andr

André

Thanks guys!Looks like I'll add her to my hanger sometime next week (would do it this week, just too busy... I can't wait!)

Guest Buck Bolduc

You will NOT be sorry.As you know one has to make adjustments to any machine to make it able to run the FS. PMDG 737NG provides as much performance wise as is senseble with todays medium/high end computers. They dont skimp on realisme either, IMHO.It ran fine on my old A2600/ti-4200 combo.It runs even better on my A64-3400/9800Pro combo, like 20 more FPS.I suppose it would run even better on a dual proc. workstation w/4gig memmory, etc, etc. Cant afford one of those yet.It was the best addon for both machines.Regards

Ok --- ok --- okEnough said - I WILL PURCHASE the 737NGJust gotta wait till late next week when I've got enough to buy it, try it and fly it!PS. PMDG does have either a Delta (NNC) or Southwest paint for the bird, right?? (I know they do...)Thanks for the suggestions....Dan :) :+

OF COURSE ;-) Don't be SHOCKED if you find some things a bit *odd* when using the A/P on this bird. There are many things that one is not use to seeing in a FS add on for example, touching your controls-yoke while in an active pitch or hdg mode, the FMS will revert to CWS P or CWSR! Many many cool things like that and do not forget to break out the FMC guide ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Guest EISN_CONTROL

I have very similar Specs to yours:P4 2.53512 MB RamGeforce 4 Ti4600 128mb80mb HDI get reasonable performance. I only fly PMDG,and I only fly online so I really shouldnt expect much from such a complex bird when I've got SB,SBRELAY,SBHOST,Activesky2004,BAV ACARS,AVC,AiBridge and a few more.Flying into complex airports like london,LHR brings my PC to it's knees.However flying into EGKK is usually pretty good and the realism of this bird really does need to be seen! :)John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer