Sign in to follow this  
Guest bruno

Timbo's Cessna 172 Blue & Yellow Repaint

First, thanks to Timbo of POSKY for doing this repaint - it's a really nice one that makes a pleasant change from the default repaints.Now, the problem. OK, it's only a small one, but it's one I'd like to solve :-). When I switch to VC mode when this repaint is selected, I get the VC for the red version :-(. It's very odd to look out the side windows and see a red wing when you know it should be white!!! Does anyone know how to give it the correct one?Thanks,Dave.

Dave,That would have to be part of the repaint as well -- there should be another bitmap that colors the VC mode (if it isn't included then he didn't do one).My first repaint I made the mistake of not doing the VC and, yes, it was odd looking out the window at another plane :>) So I quickly corrected it (and I'm sure the author would as well if it's something he's forgotten).

Mike,Looks like you hit the nail on the head with that - thanks :-). The problem was that I had created a new texture folder, and placed the repaint in there - the only file in the repaint was the one's Timbo did fo the actual model, so it was using the ones for the VC that I'd copied over, i.e. the red ones! Problem solved :-).Thanks for the help :-)Regards,Dave.

Guest Timbo

Take it from one of the white Cessnas, then all should be well. I didn't paint the wings any different so it wasn't necessary to make any modifications to the VC.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:timsfsstudio.home.attbi.com]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated June 29th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Tim,Yep, that's what I did in the end - all seems to be OK now :-). Thanks for the repaint, it's really sharp looking! I might have to get the Embry-Riddle repaint as well, just to add to the collection :-).Dave.

Guest bruno

I second those comments, I've got both repaints and they are good lookin paint jobs!!