Sign in to follow this  

Marker Sound

I am using a panel that doesn't have a button to turn on the marker sounds (it's a planned update). Anyone know the key combo to turn on marker sounds? I did a search here and at Microsoft but no joy.Thanks

Guest KenG

I don't know that there is a key combo for it. However, the workaround (short of manually altering the panel) is to load a plane that does have the marker switch and selecting it prior to loading the plane that does not.

Guest JonP01

Alternatively you can just create and save a "default" flight for that particular aircraft and then permanently enable the marker audio by editing the corresponding ".flt" file. The line you are looking for is:AudioMarkerListen=FalseJust change that line to:AudioMarkerListen=TrueEvery time you select that aircraft using the flight you created, the audio will be enabled.

Unless I've gone blind it's not in assignments. Looked several times.Loading a plane that has it, turning it on and then changing planes works great.

How does one identify the default flight. I searched for default.flt and didn't find any file so identified.Thanks

Guest JonP01

Hi Dave. Sorry for the late reply. What I meant by "default" flight was really just saving a flight (you can call that flight what ever you want) for a particular aircraft. For example, I usually fly the C182RG, and I have a flight setup with all engine management and avionics systems off, so that I can perform a reasonably realistic start up routine. In order to create this, I would just load the aircraft up as normal and then turn on / off whatever systems I wanted. Then I would simply save that scenario as a flight. The next time I want to fly that aircraft, I would actually load that whole flight up rather than just the aircraft. That way all my settings are "remembered" from last time.