Sign in to follow this  
Guest lpmartineau

FMC Database problem

Guest lpmartineau

Hello all, I purchased the PMDG 737NG not to long ago, after purchasing the 1900D I just had to have the 737, what beauties, I knew what I was getting into with the 737NG its WAY more realistic and I like it!! :)but one small problem, I went into the FMC, hit RTE, Typed in KDEN click LSK 1L and it gave me an error (not found in Database)then I realised oh shoot, I did not download all the NAV stuff, so up to the Site I came, got what I needed, Extraced all those TXT files into FS9/PMDG/SIDSTARS/ as per the instruction, restarted the game (I got out completely) and started over again, SAME problem :( so now I am really at a loss, as I tried a few other things and no go, maybe I screwed up the install of the plane or something? please helpThank you for the helpand Thank you and good job to PMDG!!Luc

Luc,You are half way there by installing the SID STARS.You also need navdata airac cycles...New version out too (you are just in time). See the post at the top of the forum (AIRAC 0403) then go to http://www.navdata.at/VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest lpmartineau

ah, Thank you Vin,one small problem now, where do I extract the files using the self installer? I noticed it creates a directory FMCWP but have no clue where this has to be? curently its in the Root of FS9 (FS9/FMCWP/)thanks againLuc

Luc,>curently its in the Root of FS9 (FS9/FMCWP/)This is where it belongs but you should have had this FMCWP folder after your original install of the PMDG 737. The download of the new AIRAC only updates the files that are changed from the previous cycle.Mark SilvaKSEA

Guest lpmartineau

aye its there, I Am blind, did not notice it and it works GREAT now, now to learn this thing :) did part of one of the Tutorials and its going well, so I am well on my way!thanks againLuc