Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aloko

New AIRAC 0403 and LFPG SID/STAR on PMDG 737

Guest Aloko

Bonjour, bonsoir,I started to ask this question in a previous post but, as suggested I make a new post here.PMDG 737 / AIRAC 0403 / LFPG.txt from the Navdata site :I cannot use any LFPG stars with the FMS, An error mentionning BUREX NOT FOUND appears on the FMS.I made a few try out and I know it is workin with the AIRAC 0313.Here is a answer from Michael in a previous thread :"Hi Medi and Philippe,You guys seem to have a problem with LFPG. I just finished a thorough check of the latest Airac cycle released by NavData. My conclusion is that all navaids and fixes are correct and updated to the latest changes. I further did some test sitting at LFPG and could not detect any faulty terminal procedure with the Sids/Star txt file I use.May I suggest the following:1. you check that the PMDG Airac cycle is correctly installed in your FMCWPnavdata folder. 2. you also check the date of your PMDG txt file in the PMDGSIDSSTARS folder. If it is outdated replace it with the attached file.I did not have time to check all terminal procedures (from the FMC) but the few I went through loaded to the FMC without any problem.Do some test with the file I attach and post your results here or better on a new thread.DISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend, harm or criticize in any way or manner any individual, institution, association or company including PMDG.Michael"Thanks to him I did what he said but with no effect, still the same error saying BUREX Not found.If someone could help me, thanks,Medi Aloko

Guest pagotan

Hi Medi,I had no time yet to check whether the BUREX Navaid has been deleted or renamed when the big changes occured in Europe at the beginning of the year. I will do that this weekend. Or if this Navaid has been omitted in the latst Airac.In the meantime I have modified the LFPG SIDSTAR txt file to the effect that NAVAID BUREX has now been replaced with FIX BUR01 LATLON N 48 07.53 E 4 26.45 in all STARS using BUREX.I attach my modified txt file which you can put in your PMDGSIDSTAR folder in place of the one you have. Tell us if it works.DISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend, harm or criticize in any way or manner any individual, institution, association or company including PMDG.Michael

Guest pagotan

Hi again,I had a quick look at the newest charts fro LFPG valid from March 18, 2004. The BUREX navaid does not exist anymore. There is no BUREX3E or BUREX3W stars anymore either. The TINIL Stars are still in but the routes are slightly different: TINIL-NANOP-IPLAN-INKAK-GAKLO-OMAKO.So the fix I created in the currently available Sidstar txt is not representing any navaid on the current charts. It was added as a substitution to BUREX in order to make it work in PMDG.I guess someone will have to write new terminal procedures for LFPG based on the most recent charts.For now you can use the LFPG txt file if you feel like, but be aware it is not actualized to the March 18, 2004 published charts.Last but not least the Airac released by NavData is complete and current.DISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend, harm or criticize in any way or manner any individual, institution, association or company including PMDG.Michael

Guest Aloko

Hi Michael,THANK YOU !I understand exactly what you said and I put your modified LFPG.txt file in the SID/STAR directory and now it works !I understand however that this is not the up to date procedures for Paris Charles de Gaulle but I'll use it till someone would create a new one.Once again merci beaucoup !Medi Aloko.

You are Great Michael:-) :) :-)I downloaded again the airac and the SIDS/Starsi replaced the file with yours and i have LFPG and LFPO .Thank you very very much for your sympatical halpCould you explain me something: if i get an unknown sid or star in the FMC, it seems that I have to build it. am i right?Then i could perhaps help you on the french airports where i use to fly a lot. I got the PMDG CD last week so i am pretty new in this stuff, but not on building sids and stars in an FMC. So if the FMC is OK on the writing side (not tested yet) i could help you.Thank you for your very useful work for the community of simmers.a french fanPhilippe Strasbourg

Guest pagotan

Hi Philippe,Glad it works for you too. Ok, about terminal procedure writing. There are a few groups who are releasing terminal procedures for PMDG and other aircrafts. Sofar Terry who has now associated himself with PMDG is releasing a monthly batch of terminal procedures based on the infamous DAFIF database. That is to say that outside of the US datas are not complete (DAFIF will include only datas of interest to the US Department of Defense)and also lack accuracy. However with some tuning it is possible to use DAFIF to produce 90%+ accurate non US terminal procedures for a limited number of airports. Terry and PMDG must have their own reasons for sticking to this way of offering terminal procedures to PMDG users.Others have embarked in more global projects - I am referring to multi-aircraft terminal procedure databases - with a mix of DAFIF and other 424 compliant sources. Here the automation, moslty because of the variety of data sources, is not possible as it is in Terry's /PMDG's case. So the process is slow but once the main package will be ready then 28 days basis updates will not be a major issue. You may want to have a look at the NavData forum where some sort of progress report is mentioned.Finally simmers who are attached to a limited geographical environment produce excellent terminal procedures for their local aeras. The UK has an excellent coverage as Australia and New Zealand have. Not to mention Italy and The outstanding EHAM procedures. France seem to me to be a bit lacking behind, although I have not checked French sites for a long time, so if you have time, courage and the latest charts (post 18 March 2004) then join the club! I'll be happy to help whenever is needed.DISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend, harm or criticize in any way or manner any individual, institution, association or company including PMDG.Michael