Sign in to follow this  
Guest kavan2

747-400 questions

Guest kavan2

Firstly just like to know if there are plans to implement the TCAS2 system in the new 744 as many have asked the same question, and seccondly what are PMDG's views on developing and including a weather radar for the Queen, i mean it is possible right?Another really nice touch would be fuel jettisson system, could this me modelled too? If these features were included along with all the latest promised 737-800/900 system enhancements i know that "the" or any opposition would simply not get a look in with their products and most of us would proberbly never look back!!Kavan

Guest Brass

LoL,"the" competion? I hope that the rivalries in the Flight simulation add-on market aren't so bitter as to not being able to name other groups with the same hobby/business. First off, I don't know of any companies that aim to produce high-quality modern jetliners as payware. Certainly freeware is an option for the less serious simmers and/or those with tighter budgets, and I imagine PMDG will face a lot of competion with its "Express" aircraft, as there are other companies that make high quality regional/private craft, but then again, PMDG does so at a very affordable price for its Express series.I can say that I will make every effort to purchase the 744, and that the entrance of PMDG to the community has dampened my interest in some other add-ons, but that is more because PMDG is producing aircraft that I am more interested in than the other orgainzations. I certainly hope no one goes out of business, however. But back to the point of your post, yes it would be nice to have a run-down of the systems and features offered with the "Queen", and I'm sure I'm not the only one drooling over that grey-scale thumbnail on the PMDG homepage.Oh, that reminds me, I had this dream where somehow I got in good with Boeing (I've been looking into future employment there as an Engineer/Physicist, which probably sparked this dream...). And anyways, Boeing was going to build me a plane for FREE!! I really wanted a 747, but they said that that would take several months to build, whereas if I got a 737-800 (my second choice) it would take only a few weeks. I ended up going with the 738, and then I woke up...I was so ######, I actually believed was going to have my own 737-800 for the first 10 seconds of being awake, I was so dissapointed when I realized it was a dream.So, anyway, in hindsight I realize that Boeing's building schedule is remarkably similar to PMDG's release schedule...coincidence??? Well I'm off to bed, see you in my dreams PMDG.-Dan

Guest kavan2

Does tha name PSS ring any bells? They are due to be developing a 747-400 for release somtime this year supposedly.

Guest RGreenFL

PSS rings a bell to me....Alas I vote with my money, and I choose to wait for the PMDG744 as PSS lost me as a customer ( someone who has purchased EVERY commerical flight addon they have made since FS2000 )I can not spend money with them knowing that they respond to emails with disdain or accusations that I did something instead of attempting me to fix issues.Tech support is to support the technology not blaim the operator.I had a small issue with my inital PMDG 73 download - and in no less than 45 minutes I had already exchanged 4 emails with PMDG. THAT is why I choose PMDG - well that AND the quality Richard GreenFormer VATUSA4Former USAF C-141 pilotFormer - LOTS of OTHER STUFF.PRESENT PMDG LOVER!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ejv747

I so agree with Richard.PSS finally released a patch for the A320 add on which only took them forever to do so and it was still not without mistakes.PSS has lost me as well PMDG is the way to go.Sorry to say but I had to put my 2-cents in I guess.

Guest wee_davie_2612

I agree with Richard aswell, I've had a couple of bad experiences with them via e-mail which resulted in me leaving them for good.I won't go into it anymore, I'm just glad PMDG are making a 744 :)Hopefully after the 8/900's and the 747 they'll decided to start the Airbus baby bus family (HINT ;))CheersDavid

Guest kavan2

Sad but unfortunately true and thats coming from one of their biggest fans in the past, If the PMDG 737'S are anything to go by then their 747 is shaping up to be pretty good, PMDG also seem to be open and interseted in customers wishes when it comes to incorporating particular systems, whereas when i tried to post a wish list on the Pss forum for their up and coming 744 on both occasions it wasnt even shown. It is surely after all within reason about what the customer is after when it comes to comercial products?

Guest Callmecapt

Come on guysWe've been down this road before haven't we? I thought we all agreed to stop the verbal bashing. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. Simple as that.Goran

Guest Callmecapt

Come on guysWe've been down this road before haven't we? I thought we all agreed to stop the verbal bashing. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. Simple as that.GoranI'll say one thing in defence of PSS. You ask for a refund, they give it to you, no questions asked.

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Goran,It's not the product we don't like, infact the baby buses were the principal aircraft I flew in FS2002, it's the company that has fallen from grace with many.Just FYI :)CheersDavid