Sign in to follow this  
stefltt

Question about SID STAR

Hello,I'm rewriting SIDs and STARs for some airports in France. I would like to know the correct syntax to program a SID with a turn more than 180 degres. For example, I need to take off rwy 27, keep rwy heading until 2000ft, then a left turn to overfly a VOR or a NDB located approximately on the airport then normal routing to another VOR flying northeastbound ?Thanks for your helprgds / Stefltt

vpa055.png

Hello SteflttTo work around the problem I would create a FIX or two on the expected path to the left, to bring you back over the airport on to the VOR. There is no Syntax active for left or right at the moment.You are welcome to have a look at my Sid and Star files, my site has changed address and is now hosted by eliteJets, the files can be found via the Crew Room at http://www.elitejets.co.uk/ .Simon

Guest Rizzibird

Yah, unfortunately it is impossible to program such a turn for the present logic of the FMC.If I understand correcty TNG737-700/800 will aloud such turns. So I suggest you that you wait just a bit more for the new package to come.Regards, Nejc

Guest stang

My tutorial in the avsim library has an example of how to deal with large turns. Filename is tutorial_v2.zip. Version 3 will be out about the same time the -800/900 is released and will cover the additions in the new release.Terry