Sign in to follow this  
Guest jmoss

PMDG issues

Guest jmoss

I have the PMDG737ng. I purchased it a few weeks ago. Question #1 I am supposed to have version 1.3, why does it say v1.2 in Flight simulator 2004? Do I need to apply the patch? Question #2 The textures load soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow between views, and frame rates are poor in vc mode.Why have this aircraft if I can't enjoy all views. My system is way above the minimums! I have a P4 2.8 ghz XP barton processor, 1 GIG DDR ram ATI 9600se with Windows 2000 professional.no other apps are running in the backround. I do not have any settings maxed out. Is there anything I can do? Eaglesoft's CessnaCx is a complex aircraft as well and is much better in loading textures, as well as higher performance in VC mode.Question #3 I can't get the cargo doors to open on any 737 PMDG aircraft. EX: Fedex cargo, or any other liveries with airstairs that I downloaded. I assume they have cargo doors. I reassigned the door command to D. If I press D then 2,3, or 4....nothing. Yet it works with the PMDG 1900d express fine. That is all for now. I am just frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Lee Moss

Guest ba747heavy

It says v1.2 most likely because PMDG didn't fix that small problem in the FMC. It is just a display issue, nothing to worry about.There are several tweaks that you need to do toyour system. The fact is that FS + PMDG = a lot of stuff to load, and your computer needs a bit of help. I am at school right now but onceI get home I can point you to some of the tweaks.The doors are a long debated issue. They are a royal pain to try and get any exit(not the airstairs!) besides the main exit to open. And if you are having a problem with the airstairs(straight from the PMDG website):I.2) Map keys to operate the Air Stairs up and down: In order to animate the operation of the Air Stairs, we installed a very complex articulated stair model into the 737NGs that use the stairs in the real world. (You can tell this from reading the information in the User Interface....)If you have an airplane that uses Air Stairs and you would like to operate them, the following are some easy steps to help you!* Within MSFS, access the CONTROLS menu, then the ASSIGNMENTS menu.* Assign a key to EXTEND CONCORDE NOSE and VISOR FULLY (I recommend CTRL+F10)* Assign a key to RETRACT CONCORDE NOSE and VISOR FULLY (I recommend CTRL+F9)Now the air stairs are mapped to your CTRL+F9 and CTRL+F10 keys so that you can operate them within MSFS!It is important to note that not every 737 includes the stair animation, as not all airlines order the stairs from Boeing! The stairs add a significant amount of weight to the basic shell of the airplane, so many airlines choose not to have them installed. You can normally determine if you model has air stairs by reading the User Interface information about the 737 you have chosen!

Guest jmoss

Hi Fred, Thanks for your prompt response. The airstairs work fine. The other issues I mentioned are making me nuts. I will wait for your reply on the other stuff. Let me know if there is any info you need from me to make your job alittle easier. Thanks again, Jmoss

Guest ba747heavy

This thread explains many outstanding tweaks to your system. I won't say that you will find the miracle tweak in that thread, but I hope it helps some. Your system is decent, so the slowdowns you experience isn't right. Try defragging your HDD, and the tweaks above. I hope that you will be a bit less irritated, and enjoying your NG experience :D

Guest jmoss

I will give it a try. I already have tried just about everything, but I will go back to see if I missed anything. Any more suggestions, let me know. Thanks again. I will post how I made out if there is any changes. Take care!