Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 Fokker 50 - Espen Oijordsbakken

I have just downloaded this GREAT panel and aircraft. I can't figure out how to start the engines. I have read all the manual, but it is unclear to me how to do the procedure correctly. Anyone else have this problem? Please help! Thanks,

Guest Franken

Engine startup is described on page 3 in Appendicies.pdf.

Hi,I also downloaded and haven't had any problem at all starting it. You just got to understand that for some reasons not all things work as stated in the manual. They state that the external power light should be lit on the upper panel but when I used it, it wasn't so I turned battery power on and was able to start the engines with that instead.It is an excellent plane, better that alot of payware I've seen. My hats off the designer and sincere thanks for one great freeware product.Sean

Guest Twister

Hi,Try to switch to "External Power Source" [external generator], turn on the battery, open the fuel pumps (both), crossfeed the tanks, switch on master ignition, then left ignition, turn the ignition knob to left engine and then repeat the process with the right engine - you're done ! don't forget to turn off the ignition after the engines have started and select AC power on the electrical system selector.By the way, this package [panel & aircraft] is definitely the most realistic turbo-prop I've ever installed - it's a joy to get to play with all the knobs and switches.Thumbs up to Christoph and Espen !Twister

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Boone

Yes, where can one get this? Is this that new G-max version we saw some previews of last month?Boone

Guest Martin

One problem is that the N2 doesn't spool up to 20% as stated in the manual, but only to about 11.5%. So don't wait for the F/O to say "N2 20%" because that won't happen until you have put the condition levers to Start.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Thanks to all of you for your input! I have tried the start-up procedure to the letter in the Appendix A and I can't even turn on the fuel pumps! The battery is on and the cross feed is also on. Without the fuel pumps on, the engines (of course) won't start. The APU is on, so I know that is not the problem. Please help! This is far too nice of a plane and panel to disguard!!!!!!Thanks again,

Guest Franken

The filename is ef50v30.zip and you can find it in the file library.

Twister,As you seem to be the expert here :-) and have things running OK, a couple of questions.Did you manage to disconnect the external power cart beofre pushing back? The only way I can get it to disconnect is by starting the engines and you don't normally do that at the gate, only once pushed back, or is that only for jets?Whenever I loose control of one throttle with my external throttle handle I cannot get it back without loading another aircraft and then going back to the 'problem' one.I know that E +1+2 *should* work but it don't here :-(, am I missing a trick somewhere?I have tried holding E down then 1 and then 2, I have tried releasing E before pressing 1 and/or 2, in fact I think I have tried all combinations without any luck. I can switch between throttle 1 & 2 but cannot get both.CheersBTW All, I know the the file says 'no APU' but you can start the APU and get GEN and Bleed lights on, that's maybe what's needed to start the engines.

Guest Boone

Thanks Frank, Just did an extended search for that file and guess what, it ain't there....Any body else have an idea where one can acquire said aircraft?Thanks in advanceBoone