Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cyber Air 062

When is the fmc going to be completed for 737-700ng.

Guest Cyber Air 062

Hi All, With all these new releases comming out times are exiting. The 737-700-600 Aircraft by PMDG are superb and still enjoying flying it here. What really bugs me is the fmc in this product has not yet been completed before bringing out another product. The sids and stars are lacking and also runways for Major Airports to are missing eg(LSZH) only has runway 14 listed in fmc. I would like to know if PMDG are ever going to complete this product or is that it for the 600-700 series of planes.RegardsDavid Bowen

you want a complete LSZH procedure file.go and get it herewww.navdata.at -> SID/STARS -> Download -> PMDG 737 -> LSZHif this file does not show up runways 10/14/16/28/32/34 then contact me, i have them showing up on minecheers

Guest Cyber Air 062

Thankyou very much for the swift responseNow Zurich is working fine. I didnt realise Zurich was listed on Navdata. There are many many procedures listed there. Will have to start to download them all as I can see a link to get them all at onceMany ThanksDavid

Guest Cyber Air 062

Hi again, If somebody does indeed have the entire list downloaded from Navdata site I would be happy if anyone could send to me.RegardsDavidbowen2@gotadsl.co.uk

David-As already pointed out, the database that we use to generate SID/STARs is a public document and is far from being as complete as say, Jeppesen's data...Jeppesen wanted $25,000 for a single production data entry. We figure that you guys would prefer not to pay $300 for the airplane- so we politely declined. :-)PSS and Dreamfleet use a database produced by Prabal Ghosh. We have tried a few times during the past year to contact richard without success.We'll keep looking for a more complete database, but obviously cost is a major factor.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Cyber Air 062

Hi Richard, Thanks for the reply. Its would be great if you could somehow get the data required for the fmc. the PMDG the best product I have seen so far for FS2004. If you could get the fmc data it would be unbeatable I think.RegardsDavid

Guest Ray CYYZ

What really strikes me as sad after all these years is that you can't simply get Microsoft to pay Jeppessen for the sid/star data when they get a snapshot for the FS version. The data exists, I can go out and buy FliteStar and have it all.Then all the data would be available for everyone and we'll all have exactly the same navigational data ... what a radical thought eh? Wasn't that the whole purpose of it in the first place?Too bad Microsoft can't do this, I'm sure all the addon guys would really love it and could go on to not fight with all the different sources and try and create nifty ways of incorporating it into their products.If done at the Microsoft level, it would probably alter the cost by a few pennies based on the numbers of copies sold. Done by the poor addon guys results in a massive investment.Ray

Guest Cyber Air 062

Hi Ray, agree with you.I went to the navdata page and downloaded every sids star for airports singally took ages. If anyone would like my sid and star folder now drop me a line. Its now 1,500kb's now zipped. Lots of them.RegardsDavidbowen2@gotadsl.co.uk

Guest pagotan

Hi David,As you know the terminal procedures you downloaded are hosted by NavData. If you have not done so already, as a matter of courtesy, I would suggest you get permission from Richard Stefan Richard at http://www.navdata.at/ to make the collection of sids and stars you downloaded public.New terminal procedures made available on Navdata's site are added every day other are modified, updated etc.. Therefore your collection is only a snapshot at a given date.May be a good way would be to contact Richard and offer him to host your collection, NavData being a well known site for PMDG users. This way it could be updated easily.DISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend, harm or criticize in any way or manner any individual, institution, association or company including PMDG.Michael

Guest pagotan

Hi Ray,To the best of my knowledge Microsoft has never been keen on terminal procedures. This may change in future releases of Flight Simulator but it is not on their priority list. Having said that on each release of a new version of FS Microsoft buys a snapshot of Jeppesen datas to create its navaids bgls as you rightly mentioned but it does not tackle the terminal procedure side of it. These datas become very quickly obsolete and since Microsoft is not in the business of publishing monthly (28 days to be exact) updates they simply do not offer this service. This may be one of the reason for not attending the terminal procedure business. Your idea of one generic database format for the building of terminal procedures and/or navaids has been a hot topic of discussion for the past year or so. One of the main reason - if not the only one - is the cost of buying the database from Jeppesen. It could be done fairly quickly and at no cost with the DAFIF database which is free but its lack of accuracy outside of the US would create so many complains from the simmers community that other solutions had to be found. Believe me there are a few people working on it right now and I would not be surprised if between now and the end of the year something will come up. As Robert mentioned PSS Dreamfleet and PM are using Prabal's database which has not been updated since Prabal retired from the Flight Sim community two years ago. Prabal was using a 424 compliant database which was absolutely accurate when originally released. PIC is using a different format as PMDG does. This is not a major issue as such to convert one format to the other but what is the point if the basis is outdated? As I said before, once a generic database is in place (and regular updates are possible) it will be easy to create terminal procedure for each addon. I guess it will then be in the hands of each development team to include them as a package with their aircraft and to release regular updates.DISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend, harm or criticize in any way or manner any individual, institution, association or company including PMDG.Michael

Hi Ray et al.I agree, it would be great if MS could do that, but I don

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden