Sign in to follow this  
Guest SnowJ

PMDG 737NG panel causes my FS2002 to crash...any help o...

Guest SnowJ

I normally don't do payware, but the PMDG 737 has been staring me in the face for a long time, and so I thought I'd give it a go...besides, I've heard nothing but good things about it. Well, I installed the PMDG 737NG not too long ago, booted up FS2002 and loaded up the jet. I start normally from the control tower view, then proceed to the cockpit view from there. As soon as I selected cockpit view, it locked up, crashed and generated an error report. So, I tried going to the cockpit view first and then loading the 737, and the same thing happened. Now, I've been simming a long time, so I'm pretty sure I did everything one should in order to install an aircraft properly. Anyway, this aircraft is amazing just from what I've seen, and would hate to have thrown away $40 for nothing! Can anyone help me out with this? Any assistance is appreciated greatly! I apologize for the length of this, and for posting this if it's already been answered...I just have not been able to find the help on this. Many thanks!!

Please contact support@precisionmanuals.comThey'll help you out faster.

Guest SnowJ

I will certainly do that. Thanks...much appreciated.

Jaysen-What version of windows are you running?If you are on a non-WinXP platform, that a look at PROGRAMS/PMDG SIMULATIONS/IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES....If you haven't installed GDI+ then visit our site and head to the 737 support pages... Item C in the FAQ will give you a download link...It's a small windows install that is needed and you should be okay.Also- for trouble shooting purposes, try starting MS from within the cockpit.. the shouldn't matter- but perhaps you are running into something that we haven't come across yet...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest SnowJ

I am running Windows XP, but no I haven't installed GDI+ as of yet. I'll head over there and get it. Hopefully, it'll work and y'all won't hear from me any more! ;-) I appreciate the help with this...thanks! It IS a great aircraft you guys have created, so this is very important to me. Thanks again!

Guest man-of-jet-age

Hi!you don't need the GDI+ stuff on WinXP, only none-XP versions of Windows need it.I had similar problems some time ago - my FS9 is loaded with add-ons (aircraft and scenery), from one day to another it stopped working. I could fly without a problem, but right after touchdown it locked up. Had to press reset, the PC totally hung. My first suspect was the PSS A330, but after doing some tests I saw that all aircraft had the same problem.I did a fresh install of everything from scratch. Now it's running perfectly, I even got a few frames/s more (using the same settings as before). Maybe you should give it a try, the PMDG 737 and 1900 are not to blame for the trouble. The old problems with the 737 are fixed since the last update.....

Dear Jaysen-if you're running Windows XP, you should not need to download the GDI+ installer - it's already included in your WinXP... do contact support@ so we can help you out...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hey, Sarge.Since you're running XP you might want to try a couple more things if Robert's suggestion does not fix the CTD issue. One strategy I recommend is to let Flight Simulator build a new config file. Sometimes this file becomes corrupted and leads to some strange problems. I recommend making a copy of the config file and save it with another name then delete the original file. If you've ever had a CTD FS will create a duplicate config file with a plain text icon. Delete this too. Restart the sim and see if this works. If not can you use the uninstall tool and reinstall the product and see if that helps?Let me know what happens.