Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBond2

Trouble with Right Engine

Hello All -First and Foremost, I love this plane. I've been waiting for a great 737 since DF737, this one takes the pie. I'm having just a lil' bit of an issue with the right engine. I can't seem to start it manually. I always have to use CTRL-E to autostart it. Now the left one I have no trouble with. I'm following the tutorial procedure and the left one starts A.OK. Fuel looks good, fuel pumps on, hydraulics on, and power good. Any ideas?Thanks!Rob

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Rob,Try starting the right one first (this is way almost all aircraft are started) to see if that helps. It's about the only thing I can think of.Are you trying to start using a cross bleed start or are you still using the APU as normal?CheersDavid

if your still having problems, post a message with the procedure that your following and we'll happily see if we can correct it :)Travis

Guest Boaz

First of all delete the select engine in the controls assignments of FS9 or FS8...Meaning that there should NOT be a key in connection with the select engine feature...turn on all fuel pumps both left and right of course...turn on the APU and wait until the field just above the APU GEN switches and just below the BUS TRANS lights up in blue...Then turn on both APU GEN's...Look over to the Pneumatics panel and switch all of the three bleed switches so that they are down (on)...The bleed switches are the lowest switches on this panel...Click the switches up or off to the left and to the right of the words ISOLATION VALVE.just below the ISOLATION VALVE words is a switch click this switch to the middle selection (auto)...Move the right Engine start switch left to GRD and let it spool up...Look at the N2 readings as they climb and as they arrive at 21RPM select the fuel CUT OFF switch to on or run or what ever, and of course I mean the right one...Engine start on Boeings are always done right to left and Airbus use left to right sequence...Now when the Engine start switch clicks back into its original position (OFF).Click the GEN2 just right of the APU GEN switches to let power be supplied from the right engine and simply follow the same procedure with the left engine...Now if you had DF then I think you have done this before in much the same manor?Just be sure that there is NO key assignment to the select engine feature, which is by default set to E...Hope this helpsBoaz...

Guest wkzzo

Rob make sure the isolation valve is in auto or open , if its closed no bleed air will get to the right engine. Also make sure the A/C packs are off.Ignition can be either left or right ignitor, and can be alternated on each succesive start.

Guest Panman

Wee Davie, not so.I know for a fact that at Virgin the engines that are going to be on the inside of the turn during pushback are started first so as not to put unnecessary strain on the tug and the tow bar.Aaron-oOo-

I bet thats my problem, the bleed and isolation switches. I'll give that a try tonight. You guys are great! Thanks again!Rob"Proud PMDG Supporter"

Rob Sciarrino

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey AaronI did say almost all ;)Having looked now at the real life AOM, it does say that the normal start procedure is engine 1 then 2. Doesn't much matter which order they are started in (except in cases like you mentioned above) as long as they both start :)CheersDavid

Guest tmetzinger

>I bet thats my problem, the bleed and isolation switches. >I'll give that a try tonight. You guys are great! Thanks>again!>>>Rob>>"Proud PMDG Supporter"Just as another hint... if you turn the engine bleeds OFF, and start with just the APU bleed ON, then the logic for the isolation valve will force it open for a crossbleed start, so it is possible to leave the isolation valve in AUTO if the right engine bleed is OFF.

That was the problem! Thanks for the Help guys!That's 2 good engine starts, taxi checklists please :-)Rob

Rob Sciarrino