Sign in to follow this  
Guest robl

THE GREEN LINE

Guest robl

I cannot seem to find the answer for this but what is the green half circle that move around on the screen dispaying speed and altituderegards Rob

Guest ba747heavy

Can you please elaborate a bit more? What screen exactly are you referring to? The ND or the PFD?

Guest robl

Fred its the pfd I am enquiring abouttregards Rob

Guest wkzzo

The only green half circle I can think of Rob is the altitude range arc-it will be displayed on your magenta course line.Its the predicted point to reach the current MCP altitude based on present vertical and ground speed, it will blank out upon reaching your altitude, although there is no display of speed and altitude on this.

Guest robl

That could be it.From memory (and that can be a bit suspect for me at times) its a half circle that seems to move down from the top of the pfd screen and I think it is associated with a chime or sound?regards Rob

Guest wkzzo

Rob there is an altitude alert chime that is heard 900 ft prior to reaching your MCP altitude. Maybe that is the chime your hearing. The range Arc does appear to move down from the top of your PFD as you gain altitude.

Guest Buck Bolduc

For me it denotes an altitude change. If you look closely the green arc moves in corespondence with the altitude chane, UP or DOWN.Regards

Guest Zapper

It is colloquially called the Green Banana but the good folks at Boeing call it the Altitude Range Arc. It is grean and appears only in MAP and CTR MAP mode.It indicates how far down the track you will reach the currently selected MCP altitude at your current instantaneous vertical speed and ground speed. This is why is moves away a little as you climb.. as you get higher your RoC drops off a bit or maybe the wind changes and affects your GS etc..Clear as mud? :DBrad Marsh

Wallace,SO THAT"S what that was, :-xxrotflmaoThe "Dreaded Golden Pinnaple" RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

WAHAHAAH :-lol nice!

Guest TrafficTraffic

Isn't it also called the Kermit Line? (as in Kermit the Frog: a muppet)Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Guest wkzzo

Nah! DPV: "Dole Path Vector"