Sign in to follow this  
laudey1

4 questions for hardsimmers...

1/ i find my panel night lighning too bright: how can i reduce the intensity of the amber colour?2/ is it possible to enable the random failure without a fixed time? the yellow indication gives 28 seconds or such values, so it seems unpossible to enable all the failures in a really random way. am i wrong??3/ i would like to know the weather at the arrival airport at the moment where i fill up the FMC, to set the forecast values at the moment of departure. How is it possible to view the actual arrival weather, temperature, wind directions and speeds, and actual ATIS??i heard of the new tool of aerosoft FS Flight Keeper, but impossible to download it today as site is too busy. Where could i find also the real enroute winds and temperature for the altitude of the flight?4/ just above the primary flight display right to CMD green indication when the a/p is engaged in flight, i find at the moment an amber indication: CWSp What does it means??all answers welcomedphilippe Strasbourg

Hi PhilippeHere we go>1/ i find my panel night lighning too bright: how can i>reduce the intensity of the amber colour?Not without changing the bitmaps that makes up the panel. A tedious job. The -800/900 will have a revised and much nicer backlit panel.>2/ is it possible to enable the random failure without a fixed>time? the yellow indication gives 28 seconds or such values,>so it seems unpossible to enable all the failures in a really>random way. am i wrong??No you're not wrong. It's not possible to randomize failures without the fixed time.>3/ i would like to know the weather at the arrival airport at>the moment where i fill up the FMC, to set the forecast values>at the moment of departure. How is it possible to view the>actual arrival weather, temperature, wind directions and>speeds, and actual ATIS??>i heard of the new tool of aerosoft FS Flight Keeper, but>impossible to download it today as site is too busy. Where>could i find also the real enroute winds and temperature for>the altitude of the flight?There's several options here for you. Here's two:- Get a real weather add-on like ActiveSky or FSMeteo. They usually provide you with reports on the departue, arrival and enroute weather.- GO look at the internet. THere's a multitude of sources for aviation weather on the net. You just have to know what to look for. DO a search using www.google.com or some similar search engine. Or do a search on these forums. I'm sure someone has mentioned weather related sites.>4/ just above the primary flight display right to CMD green>indication when the a/p is engaged in flight, i find at the>moment an amber indication: CWSp What does it means??CWS P means Control Wheel Steering Pitch. This mode let's you input any pitch command via the control wheel (yoke) to the A/P. It's like a fly-by-wire system. If you didn't mean to get into CWS P mode you have most certainly moved your yoke in the pitch axis. This will automatically tell the A/P to change to CWS P mode. Same thing if you turn the yoke left or right the A/P will revert to CWS R mode which is CWS but in the Roll axis. You can read more about CWS in the MANUAL. Or do a search here. It has been widely discussed on this forum.>all answers welcomedI hope these help,

thank you for your answersss and advices, that i shall follow. and let's wait for the 800 and all the improvements.philippe Strasbourg:-)