Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boaz

Suggestion

Guest Boaz

I can understand your effections for this aircraft, but given the fact that there are too few airlines still flying this aircraft, major airlines after all, I don't think its in PMDG's best interest...Also I think they are going glass or regional, either one, but again that's my impression not an official PMDG statement...Boaz...

would be nice to see a poll for the next aircraft.. :) obviously when the 738/9 is finished.. :) 727 is a nice aircraft but captain sim made it quite well for whats being said about it by those who fly it... PMDG.... well after the 744 id like a 777 or even better the 7E7 with all the new functions they are stuffing into it :DBye, Luca

Guest Fox

Jep,the MD11 is a must. There has never been any other attempt on programming a realistic system simulator of this airplane(except some freeware stuff).I bet there is a huge market for a product like an MD11.And, as already mentioned, it is somewhat different from Boeing or Airbus philosophy, which would make it a lot more interesting compared to a 777 or some kind of stupid A380 or 7E7 cockpit (The A380 cockpit only exists on drawings, which are not finally finished, and there is no concept for the 7E7's at all. Therefore you would have to use some of your imagination on how things will look like in the end ----> stupid) cheersMatt

No concept for the 7E7? For an aircraft which maybe flying in less than 4 years I'd say there is quite a lot more than a concept... http://www.boeing.com/commercial/7e7/flash.htmlBy the way the A380 is already being built so I wouldn't say that it's cockpit exists only in paper... it may be identical to the A340 but thats another story... Yuu don't like those aircrafts? just say it.. :( Luca

Guest CaptTate

I agree the CS 727 is very good... I just hate not having a virtual cabin, I wish CS or somebody would add one. An MD-11 would be a cool add on plane too.Landon

Guest Fox

Hi Luca,I really do like the 380 ;-), but as matter of fact, they are still working on the cockpit layout and all the managment devices that will be included (of course, the basics are always the same, especially on Airbus planes - CCQ (Crew Cross Qualifikation))That both planes are already being build doesn't necessarily have to mean that all the development is done yet.Finally we will just have to wait and see what comes.Just some advice:Be careful about the nice media shows presented by Boeing. There is a lot of stuff being promised, which I wouldn't take to serious.After all and trust this company anymore anyways. (Sonic Cruiser, 747X (Stretch), 747Advanced,..... see what I mean?)I think they are afraid that Scarebus probably will be the No.1 on commercial jetliners in the future.Just some examples:Fly By Wire:Boeing: Will never be accepted by the people - too unsafe (computer flying the airplane)Reality: Today it is state of the art - safest way to protect the aircraft from leaving the flight envelope.Use of composite Material:Boeing: unsafeReality:More stable than aluminum - no corrosion - much lighter - therefore more efficientWhat an irony that Boeing uses this kind of material themselves.Use of Sidestick...Safer due to the implementation of FBW - much more comfortable to the pilots... If Boeing doesn't come up with some very good ideas pretty soon, they will loose the race.I hope you understood my point...cheers and many thanksMatt

Guest ba747heavy

The MD11 is currently being made by Bill Grabowski, who is a guru in flightsim design. Let the man get done with it and we'll see something I think that will rivel PMDG quality - he's that good :)

Guest Fox

Sounds great,we will just have to sit and waitthanks Fred...cheersMatt

Guest Valid_Andy

Yeah I agree with Fred, Bills panel looks amazing...simply crazy! I know pmDG probably wouldn't do this, but am I the only person who wants a pmDG 737 -300 to -500 series? I know their is dreamfleet...but out of my opinion pmDG could do a better job...everything seems 'smoother', and just generally more accurate...plus I love high resolution:P If not...then i'd really like to see a pmDG 757/767! But then again, there is PIC V2 coming at some point...I never tried V1 but I heard it was good! It's just this thing about everything pmDG has created seems to be smooth and accurate, aswell as high resolution...I HATE jaggies:PAhwell...I can dream:)

Matt,As a mechanic with experience on both the Airbus and the Boeing Family, I would disagree with your comments. The simple fact is, Boeing and Airbus do things very differently. Both have there own strengths and problems, so to say one is better than the is simply personal preferance. Some of the things Airbus has done are years ahead of Boeing, but others simply make us shake our head and wonder what they were thinking. On the other hand, Boeing has come out with things that make Airbus look years behind. (the 757 had Fly By Wire installed for the spoilers in 1982) Simply put, the biggest reason Airbus is outselling Boeing (IMHO) today is simple, Crew commonality. From, a Maintenance stand point, the guys I work with have 3 times the workload on the A320 then we do on the 757. I'll take a Boeing anyday if it comes to fixin it.Its all a matter of perspectiveRegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest benw

Naw, I think a 727 would be pointless. The CS one is very, very good, but the lack of an FMC (which most 727's still flying have retro-fitted) mean it's tricky to fly towards and from fixes and along airways without proper charts, so I tire of flying it after a short while.There are plenty of Boeings out there, and with the forthcoming 744 I think we'll have had our fill of those after a while. Plus all Airbuses (Airbii?) are pretty much identical from a flightdeck point of view, so even when someone brings out an A380 it's not going to be a monumental event.Please, no more Boeings or Airbus! I'd like to see a great version of the MD-11, which has glass screens but is a bit different to the Boeing/Airbus way of doing things. It's also a beautiful aircraft and one that's still in use with plenty of airlines around the world.Saying that though, I'd love a great 757 or 767! 767 PIC is old hat now, and there seems to be no danger of a new one from Wilco.Ben

Guest CaptTate

I would really like to see a PMDG made 727. I love the 737NG. 727s are one of my favorite planes and PMDG is the best devolopement group around. So just an idea, PMDG should make a 727-200. I think it would turn out great. I didnt know anywhere to put the suggestion so I decided to put it on these forums. I think a 727 would also sell great. I would also like to hear others input on this suggestionLandon

Guest man-of-jet-age

Ben,>Naw, I think a 727 would be pointless. The CS one is very,>very good, but the lack of an FMC (which most 727's still>flying have retro-fitted) mean it's tricky to fly towards and>from fixes and along airways without proper charts, so I tire>of flying it after a short while.you can easily make the CS727 fly your GPS-Route using the FS9 flightplanner. Just assign a hotkey to switch NAV/GPS mode. Set it to GPS and the 727 will fly your planned route.Anyway, the CS727 ist still my favorite. The cockpit is looking so real, it gives me a "be there" feeling. I'm really looking forward to the new PMDG VC, the current 2D Cockpit looks so "artifical" and the VC kicks down frame rates.

Guest Matthias1975

Dreamfleet is doing a superb Boeing 727 which shoud be launched in a few weeks.@ Robert :How many FPS do you get with your system under FS2004? Looks like the one I am thinking of! ThxRegardsMatthias

Guest Len

CS 727 and Dreamfleet's 727. Already a crowded field. No need for another. Both are quality developers. If they were'nt quality developers than I could understand another request.