Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boaz

Suggestion

Guest benw

I'm glad that there seems to be some support for an MD-11 from others. It's the last of the glass screen non-Boeing/Airbus big jets.I can't wait to see Bill Grabowski's version of the MD-11, a hugely under-represented aircraft in our little world!And Robert, thanks for the tip about the GPS route, although I meant airways more than direct GPS routes - always thought that GPS routes were cheating! :-lol It's a lovely bird though, if a heavy handful on the approach. I've stuffed it in many times!:-halo Ben

Guest Fox

Hey Paul,good point! I can imagine that maintenance on the A3.. electronics is much more work compared to the solid Boeing structure.Nevertheless I wouldn't use the spoilers as an example. Talking about Fly-by-Wire, I would rather point out all the protections and safety elements which more or less prevent the crew from overcontrolling the A/C.I never said that Scarebus is any better than Boeing, both have advantages and disadvantages. (I like the 744 as much as the 320 ;-)) I only mentioned that Boeing was in a state of panic, when AB revealed its plans on the 380.First they doubted very much that there is a market for widebody A/C bigger than the 744. Shortly after they realised that AB received several orders from all over the world, and thus came up with the 747X, the SonicCruiser and now the 7E7. Hopefully they will be successful with the latter. (some competition is always good :-) )cheers and have a great dayMatt

Guest man-of-jet-age

Ben,>And Robert, thanks for the tip about the GPS route, although I>meant airways more than direct GPS routes - always thought>that GPS routes were cheating! :-lol It's a lovely bird>though, if a heavy handful on the approach. I've stuffed it in>many times!no, not "direct GPS"! I'm using FSBuild or FSNavigator to plan my routes, using low or high altitude airways. Then I'm exporting them to the needed format (FS2004 or PMDG). I'm flying the exactly same routes with the 737 FMC or 727 GPS.

Guest man-of-jet-age

>@ Robert :>>How many FPS do you get with your system under FS2004? Looks>like the one I am thinking of! Thxwell, it depends on the situation, of course. FPS is locked at 30. I'm getting these 30 fps most of the time. Even on a bad weather approach on a "German Airports 1" runway and MyTraffic2004 running, it rarely drops to an "unacceptable" level. May be down to 10fps for a second or so, but it's never really a problem. I'm quite happy with it. However, it could be faster :-)

I want to diretcsome questions to the Airbus Boeing discussion. Let me state I am not for or against either. I like Airliners period I dont care about the nameplate on them;-)I had been thinking about the two and it seems airlines that have a large fleet like the idea of commonality. Makes sense to me. My question to somone that might venture a guess could the Boeing aircraft start having cockpit commonality in the future and start designing the 747 and 737 with fly by wire or do you think this is to far gone. I would hate to see the day when the 747 is no longer in the air. (I have loved that plane since I was very young). It seems that there is interest for a large plane (the A380 and A346 for example). Maybe it would benefit Boeing to map a future for the 747 that redesigns it? I dont know about how feasible any of that is just wondering. Maybe the future though is the 777 and the 7E7 for large long haul Boeings. I dont know. Like I said not trying the start a fight but asking some questions.Thanks

Guest CaptTate

I know the CS 727 is great, I own it, but I like the PMDG virtual cabins, I think that the virtual cabin would add alot to the plane itself IMO. I think a 757 would be a good plane to make also, havent seen to many good 757s around.

Guest PMB

heres my 3 choices 757 -767-md11does pmdg have any ideas in the hat as to what they are considering after 747?Paul.

Andrew,My guess is that Boeing will try to go more Common cockpit if it is possible but it is a only a guess of course. Airlines don't like having to send pilots for training on new fleet types for 4-6 weeks and Money talks. RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Hey Matt,Yeah, Airbus has come a long way in Fly by Wire protection but I still don't like when my airplane starts yelling "Retart, Retard" when your trying to land :-) Hopefully the 7E7 will help get Boeing back in the race. I've heard interesting stories from the concept develpment team. we'll see how it all comes out in the end. Competetion is always a good thing.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

>Andrew,>My guess is that Boeing will try to go more Common cockpit if>it is possible but it is a only a guess of course. Airlines>don't like having to send pilots for training on new fleet>types for 4-6 weeks and Money talks. >>Regards>Paul Gollnick :-cool >Technical Operations/Customer Operational Support>Precision Manuals Development Group>www.precisionmanuals.com>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpgWhat helped Airbus out over Boeing in this regard as well (and one of the reasons they are selling well) is that the FAA and other aviation governing bodies allowed a pilot type rated in the A340-200/300 to also be type rated in the new A340-500/600. From an airline management standpoint...that will save a ton of money over the long haul nevermind how easy it makes on crew schedulers.

Eric 

Paul -With PIC v2 coming, the 767 is covered. The panel would be suitable to use with the POSKY 757 model.Bill G is making a payware panel & there is the Simmingworld & iFDG models which will make a great MD-11 package..

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest georg

Yeah, 727 has already been made by CS very well and though I love that plane, I am still interested in having newer planes with glass cockpits to fly online in VATSIM with Virtual British Airways example. Its extremely hard to fly towards the fixes alone with 727 as its 3-men plane in real. I integrated the RealityXP Apollo GPS to it myself and it makes flying a lot easier, but if I fly alone the 727 I would also like to have example SID/STAR database for automatic navigation and GPS doesnt have one.

Hi Matt, first, sorry for the tone of my first answer... two days off work make wonders.. :) Fly by wire, working in computer I have the same opinion of boeing... LOL, ok they should really think about it, but as we saw that means a lot more work for the mechanics, so is it really better? a well thought hyd system should be equally safe as well.Composites: As things are the 7E7 has to be mad of composites... or it would be too heavy. Sidesticks: Somebody says they are great... but by hear/say i got some not so nice comments (mostly when changing from on eside to the other... ) I'm almost ready to bet that the A380 cockpit will be a 99% copy of the A340's. For the 7E7? want to bet ona mix between 737NG and 777? :) Let's see with what they will come out.. :) and PMDG be ready... :) Have a nice Easter, Luca

Guest rellehenk

My vote goes to a very good Airbus A320 :D