Sign in to follow this  
crvm

TRAFFIC!

Guest TrafficTraffic

Yes, I believe we have RAs inhibited properly based on altitude. Below about 1000' AGL you get TA Only even if TA/RA is selected. Below 500' AGL you can get visual TAs, but no aural alerts.All the other altitude senstivities are there too.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Guest PittsburghII

Hi, I believe TA is short for Traffic Advisory and RA is for Resolution Advisory. Basically, a TA is a warning that other traffic is in your proximity, where as a resolution advisory is a command issued by the TCAS on how to avoid collision (i.e. it could be asking for a climb). I talked a while ago to one of the people who is working on coordinating Eurocontrol and he actually gave me some very interesting (although quite geeky ;-)) information. I may not remember all details, but TCAS works by having two installations communicating with each other. So, the TCAS that actually first detects the intrusion gets to decide the evasive action to take should it come to that. In case that the two TCAS'es detect each other at the same time, it is the TCAS with the lower ID (which is a 24 bit unique number) that takes priority. Hope this helps :-waveBoazEKCH

Guest TrafficTraffic

Yes, that sounds right.However, we don't have a means for two TCAS-equipped aircraft to communicate such information in a timely fashion while flying online (cool future project?), so each will treat the other as not TCAS-equipped.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi Lee, Aye, indeed a cool project. I would even consider cranking out my compiler in order to make such a system... It should be doable...BoazEKCH

GoranI beta test this baby with UT on at all times, if not flying online of course. And it works good for me.Hope it helps,

Guest Callmecapt

Thanx MatsAppreciate itGoran