Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

Task Mgr & PMDG 737 NG

Guest gremel

Can anybody help me determine what processes to save when using the 'End Process' function in the Task Manager? I've got about 32 processes running when I have the 737 NG running as an application. I'm wandering if I can improve my fps by closing some of these processes that are running. I looked at "End-it-all 2", but it doesn't state if it's OK to use running WinXP which is what I have.Any help would be appreciated.Regards,JackKGSP

Guest stockerharris

Jack,Can I suggest that you read a current thread in MS Flight Simulator General Discussion Forum entitled "Running FS2004 in clean boot mode".Although it does not tell you what to do with Task Manager, it does, I think, acheive the result you desire. I did it yesterday and increased my fps from about 12 to 25 locked.Its worth a try,David.

Jack,I would strongly suggest downloading FSAutoStart written by our own forum guru Ken Salter. It will automatically shut down any services you choose, do a memory clean-out and start FS. After FS session is completed it will start up those services again.You can find it in the libraryHope it helps,

Guest Ray CYYZ

Two other things:http://www.blackviper.com/ has great info on what services are required and how to set things without breaking things.http://www.tune-up.com/download/tu2004/ is a very useful utility program for reducing all the glitter and glitz in XP to quit wasting horsepower there. (very useful UNDO ability in case you go overboard and break something!!!)Between the two of them, you'll be in heaven. Once you have fixed your Windows XP system, then go and work your way through the FS9 stuff in the MS Forum here.Ray

Guest gremel

Thank you David, Mats & Ray. I'll go to work on your solutions.Regards,JackKGSP

Guest gremel

Ken,The problem that I have is I don't know what services to shut down when I look at the list, or is it all automatic and all I have to do is double click the icon?? I have no clue as to what programs I need to keep, stop, no action req'd etc. I really clueless as to what to do? Can you possibly shed some light before I totally mess up things. I'm currently getting 12-15 fps with a 2.4mhz 9700 radeon and 1 gig of rdram with a 120 gig HD. My system is a Dell.Thanks for any clues.Regards again,JackKGSP

Guest gremel

Ken,The problem that I have is I don't know what services to shut down when I look at the list, or is it all automatic and all I have to do is double click the icon?? I have no clue as to what programs I need to keep, stop, no action req'd etc. I really clueless as to what to do? Can you possibly shed some light before I totally mess up things. I'm currently getting 12-15 fps with a 2.4mhz 9700 radeon and 1 gig of rdram with a 120 gig HD. My system is a Dell.Thanks for any clues.Regards again,JackKGSP