Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrea

London Heathrow approach STAR-TRANS-ILS (NavData and so...

Guest Andrea

Dear PMDG,some questions about approaching to EGLL airport with PMDG 737-700:arriving from south at 16000 feet altitude and approaching to EGLL airport via STAR OCK1H, TRANS OCK, ILS ILS09Rin SIDSTAR file (created 26/12/2003 by Simon Butler and updated 19/02/04)a) STAR OCK1H NAVAID LAM NAVAID DORKI NAVAID OCK 7000:( TRANSITION OCK NAVAID OCK 7000 FIX OCK270 HDG 295 UNTIL 11 FROM FIX OCK270 NAVAID D264L HDG 045 INTERCEPT RADIAL 273 FROM FIX IBB7.5c) APPROACH ILS09R FIX IBB7.5 2500 RNW 09R KEEP HDG UNTIL 10 FROM NAVAID LON NAVAID EPM 3000Some questions:1) why the speed limit fix of 180 is visible, in FMC LEGS view, two times: at OCK and at a subsequent waypoint although it is not indicated at any fix in approaching procedures? Is it realistic? How can I delete a speed or altitude limit in FMC LEGS view (the FMC doesn't allow me to put 000/00000 or 'DEL' value to clear it)?2) to respect the descending path I have to use the spoilers, expecially when the 737 decelerates from descending speed to the 240 speed limit (under 10000 feet altitude). Is it normal?3) how can I have PMDG 737 spoilers automatically up, when touching down, like autobrakes?Andreahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Hello AndreaThe minimum holding alt at OCK is 7000ft thats why I've set 7000 at OCK, you should not pass this point without further clearance, and insert a hold here if necessary.I have left the hold out as it's unlikely you will need to use it unless your flying online, and it's easy enough to insert if necessary anyway.You need to be leaving OCK descending to 4000 initially, so expect lower at OCK if approaching without the hold.With regard to the 180 speed restriction being shown, have you set your flap setting in the FMC for landing?, what was your landing speed? Coming of the stack at a maximum of 220kts, reducing to 180kts for the base leg and maintaining 160kts until 4dme on the localiser would be about right. I'd be using FLCH rather than VNAV once below FL100 usually.Simonhttp://www.elitejets.co.uk/

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Andrea,To clarify for no. 2 & 32. Is this normal? - Yes. Many people think that the spoilers shouldn't be used in flight, not true. If you need to use then use them, it isn't a problem.3. how can I have PMDG 737 spoilers automatically up, when touching down, like autobrakes? - Use 'Shift + /' key combination. Hope it helps :)CheersDavid

Guest Andrea

Many thanks Simon,I set flaps 15 in the FMC for landing, which correspond to 137 knots speed at 737-700 current load (when I arrive to the runway). But I can see the two 180 speed limits in the FMC LEGS view before setting the landing flaps.The other thing I cannot understand is when (and why) the VNAV setting automatically switches off during the approach phase changing to ALT HOLD. My supposition is when the aicraft reaches the target altitude set in the MCP ALTITUDE display during descent. Am I right?Mmmh... what is FLCH?Andreahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Hello AndreaI should have said LVL CHG instead of FLCH, sorry. I usually fly with this rather than VNAV during the later descent stages.Simon

>The other thing I cannot understand is when (and why) the VNAV>setting automatically switches off during the approach phase>changing to ALT HOLD. Your right, VNAV PATH should stay engaged on a ILS approach until capturing the GS and in this simulation it does not. Hope they change thtat someday.Floyd

>The other thing I cannot understand is when (and why) the VNAV>setting automatically switches off during the approach phase>changing to ALT HOLD. Your right, VNAV PATH should stay engaged on a ILS approach until capturing the GS and in this simulation it does not. Hope they change that someday.Floyd