Sign in to follow this  

2 Quick Questions about glideslope and engine starting

1. When I setup a flight plan and begin that flight is there any way to always start with my engines shut and the avionics off instead of beginning with a plane ready to go???2. How much under the glideslope do you have to be in order for the AP to fly the approach? Thanks,ROBBY G

Hi Robby,1. What you need to do is start the flight, shut down the engine(s) and all other switches / systems and then save the flight and tick the check box "Make Default". It will then present this flight, with a cold and dark cockpit, whenever you first start FS. Some add on payware planes (such as A3XX Airbus) have a separate utility to achieve this.2. Should capture at about 50-100 feet under G/S. I often still capture from above and it works. Depends on the aircraft really.Best wishes,Andy (YSCB)

Turn all your engines and avionics off once you land and park then save the flight. When you go to fly that plane again just select that flight from my saved flights folder and whala you will enter a cold and dark cockpit.Sean