Sign in to follow this  
Guest diajohn2

Frustration with 737NG

Guest diajohn2

I have a problem which seems to be created by PMDG 737NG. I am unable to save a flight at anytime. FS9 stops responding whenever I ask it to save a flight or load a saved flight. I am attempting to create a default flight for startup with cold & dark a/c at EGLL (my airport of choice). Not that saving will work anyplace else or with any other a/c. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me.JohnCaptainBAW317:-beerchug

Guest diajohn2

Amazing speed on the answer. Thank you. Does it actually cause FS9 not to use saved flights at all? If not, it means everything will start from scratch meaning I have to shut everything down once it loads. The flight program monitor from BA Virtual requires engines off and parking brake set when starting.JohnCaptainBAW317

Hi John.No.. other aircraft should work just fine when saving flights. Only PMDG737 saved flights are not supported.There is a cold and dark scenario that is installed with the 737. You can load that one up, then switch airports.VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest FattyBear

Dont forget to set the right date though, it was made it 2003 :)

Guest TrafficTraffic

I would recommend keeping a default aircraft as your default flight. When you create a new flight, the default saved flight is (partially?) loaded. If this is something complex like the NG, it could interfere with other aircraft loading.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Guest diajohn2

For some reason, I can no longer save anything. I tried uninstalling the 737NG and it still won't save. Frustration was the original topic.JohnCaptainBAW317

"Sorry you're experiencing problems with you're Hal 9000 Unit..."Opps, wrong tech support.Sorry John for you're issues. Try rebuilding your FS9 config file. Back up the file then delete the original and then start FS. You should then be able to save non-PMDG flights as before. You'll have to edit your new config file if you've made any custom changes to FS.

Guest diajohn2

I love this bird but the Hal9000 unit is a good analogy. This thing is complicated. It seems to do what it wants to do. I will get it someday. Right now it wins most of the time.By the way, I did delete FS9.cfg and tried that after uninstalling the 737. Must need to do something else. Well on another weekend when I have more time. JohnCaptainBAW317

Good thing I didn't read that part of the manual, because I always save and reload my 737NG flights with uncanny success. Granted, I don't get a 'cold and dark' cockpit, but the cockpit configuration is entirely predicable upon reload (one config with engines running, another without). Autosave even works for me, but I do admit there is some mad FMC programming and level flight recovery that has to happen with these inflight reloads.Gary.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>"Sorry you're experiencing problems with you're Hal 9000>Unit...">Don't do that Dave...ScottYBWP

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg