Sign in to follow this  
Guest SAS921

737NG Tutorial, link broken?

Guest SAS921

Hi everybody!Just bought the PMDG737NG and am looking anxiously to learn how to fly her. Since the plane is a totally different ballgame compared to other FS2004 default planes, I was looking to complete the tutorial that is recommended on the PMDG support site. It redirected me to the avsim download screen but then blank. Either the link is broken or the file has been removed. The file I was looking for is the tutorial made by Fred Clausen. I believe the advanced version of that same tutorial is also missing from the avsim site. Anybody know a place where I could get them? It would really help me a lot by going through the tutorials.. just punching buttons in the cockpit is getting me nowhere really fast!Thanks again!SAS921

Hi SAS921,Please sign your posts with your real name as per the forum rules.You can access the tutorials directly from the AVSIM library here. Just do a search for Fred Clausen and Tim Metzinger and voil

Welcome to the PMDG forum. Before posting again, please take a look at the forum rules pinned at the top of this forum. You must sign your real name with every post in the PMDG forum.It is possible some links have changed. We'll check it out.Just go to the file library and do a search for 737 Tutorial. When the results pop up, sort by date. Then start scrolling down. There are quite a few tutorials by different authors.VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest SAS921

Sorry about that.. Didint think you guys were so touchy about that. My mistake. My apologies.Ill try the search on avsim. Hope it helps. Thanks for the help.Tuomo AhoSAS921

Guest SAS921

Avsim file servers seem to be down. I searched and found some tutorials on simradar.comHope to see you all in the virtual sky soon!Thanks again.Tuomo AhoSAS921

Guest stockerharris

Tuomo,The file you want is pmdg_flight_tutorial_v2.zip and it was there when I checked. Maybe the Library is very Busy.David.

Guest andrekr

Hi SAS921 - just keep trying... I have the same problems lately with the library files at AVSIM. It mostly still links to the file but when it switches to the FTP for download, then it fails. Seems that their servers are currently under heavy load. I for myself do it the following way. I try the original link as often (sometimes up to 10 times) until I get the download link page (which says that the download will start in some seconds due to an timer in this page). When the timer fires, you'll normally get the open / download dialog to save the file. When you are getting a new page instead, telling you something about that the server or the file cannot be found, press the back button on your browser - and it automatically will try again... Even this may need several times of trying until success but in no later up to 5 minuter the link will work again and you'll get the needed file. Well, the above procedure may even touch the server at some time with more hits but only AVSIM is able to solve those problems...regards- Andre

Guest AlohaPilot

AlohaPilot having same problem...Seems like I am missing all the instructions to run this sim.Please advise me if/when you locate the rest of the info?I, too, am getting frustrated just guessing how to run it successfully.aloha!

Guest ba747heavy

If any of you guys are having trouble getting my tutorial via the avsim file library, please PM using the avsim forum email system and I will send a copy of it over ASAP :D

Hello aloha,Pst. (You forgot to sign with your name! ;-))If you check a couple of posts up this thread I am suppying you with links to both tutorials. And they worked 1 min ago (21.57.00 EST)Here's the link to the links if you can't find them. ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=44672&page=Hope it helps,

Guest AlohaPilot

AlohaPilotHello Mats,Well, I got it running, but have some issues.When I close overhead view, it goes to virtual cockpit, and I cannot control other views without hitting alt, then selecting Main view again?Cannot seem to set flap lever past 5 or 10...what is the secret to dragging the flap lever down???A/p would not set by clicking on A or B button...I printed out all the commands just now, but have not run it again.I am still frustrated, but encouraged...as the program looks like it can be a winner once I understand how to direct it!aloha Robert Morrison

Guest AlohaPilot

AlohaPilotDear Fred,You have done an exemplary job with the new version 2 tutorial of 737-700ng. I cannot get the hang of the view swithing in cockpit yet...using the horizontal alpha bar, but when I go to overhead, how do I cancel it? I have been right-clicking, then it gets me back to panel....but I have to hit ALT to see menu, select Main view to get back to panel with the horizontal alpha-keys for other views. I know I am missing something.I also cannot seem to drag flap lever down past 5 or 10....no way.How do I select TOGA button?How do I engage A autopilot?thanks for your help....sounds like you will be an ATP before you're 21....adios, Robert Morrison

Guest ba747heavy

To get out of the overhead, click on one of the first four 'view switching' buttons(MZAL). That will close the overhead and bring up a forward panel view :)

Guest ba747heavy

>I also cannot seem to drag flap lever down past 5 or 10....no>way.hmmm. Do the F5,F6,F7,F8 commands do anything to the flaps?>How do I select TOGA button?On the autopilot control panel(the Mode Control Panel), the upper left screw is clickable. Press that(with your flight director and authothrottle on) and the plane will enter TOGA mode.>How do I engage A autopilot?Press the button right below the CMD A label on the right hand side of the MCP.>thanks for your help....sounds like you will be an ATP before>you're 21....adios, Robert MorrisonYour welcome! I hope my tutorial helps you out a bit in learning how to fly :D

Guest AlohaPilot

AlohaPilotHi Fred,The flaps move fine with the F6/F7....I don't yet see the upper left screw on the MCP A/P control area....which you indicate is clickable to engage TOGA. What screw???I click all around there, but nothing happens. (I do get TOGA if I select Ctrl+Shft+G)Btw, I cannot get the view keys to give me anything but a look straight ahead or out the left (#2) side window. Can the number pad give other views, like external views (eg looking at airplane from the tail forward, as if flying in trail position?)I am ordering a new CH package with USB....I will program all the commands at such time...onto the stick/prothrottle buttons.