Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

Is Pilot and Co-Pilot Yokes Possible on MSFS 2002?

Hi All: I would like to know is it possible to hook up 2 USB control yokes or joysticks at the same time? (1 for the pilot and the 2nd for the co-pilot)I don't see how. I know there are some expensive setups out there where the 2 yokes are actually 1 unit but I wasn't looking for anything that elaborate. I guess the bottome line is that they could not both be active at the same time hence the problem. Anyone see anything I'm missing??Thanks,Mark McLeroy

Hi Mark,Yes this is possible. When you have two input devices controlling the same axis, FS will hand over control to the device that last gave an input.Please note that it doesn't work 100% of the time (sometimes you need to move the co-pilot stick a bit and then move the captain stick to regain control).What would be better is a USB switch (if one exists). You could then just hand over control and flick the switch.Andy (YSCB)

I too have never heard of a usb switch. If such a thing did exist that would probably be the best answer. However, has anyone else out there tried using 2 yokes. If so what were your results?Thanks,Mark McLeroy

I have used my yoke hooked up with my old stick, and ive never had any problems. The only side effect i've seen is when I accidentally knock the stick, it would end up throwing me off. And, occasionally it gets stick in a non-neutral position, and throws off the effects of the yoke.Scott

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Forum!I'm a regular visitor here for several months now, but I only recently actually registered in order to post.For the double yoke thing FSUIPC gives a rather elegant solution if... one understands it. I don't (sad grin...), but it seems that through FSUIPC one can set up the double controls in such a way that they don't unduly influence each other.Again: although I have read, re-read and re-re-read the explanation in FSUIPC, I can't for the life of me understand how to do it. But I'm not only a digital nitwit: I've actually got a Digital Evil Eye! I only need to look at a computer, and immediately it begins to decompose. Monitors explode, hard discs crash, downloads fail, keyboards loose their keys, memory forgets, and firewalls burst into fire (wide and wicked grin)!Anyway, those cleverer than I will undoubtedly understand what the multiple controls set-up in FSUIPC is all about.Be, stay, live and about well!Jaap Verduijn.

Oh, you're not alone! The only reason I have FSUIPC is because FSFlightMax requires it! I've tried playing around with it, but everytime i did something seemed to throw off the sim somehow. If anybody can help give a simple way to understand how this can be done, i'd be very interested in it.Scott

Hi guys,ROFLMAO Jaap!I think a lot of people have FSUIPC only because they need it for one download or another. But its quite a powerful utility in itself.I will investigate the potential to have two joysticks connected, at the same time, without affecting each other.I will report back in due course...Andy (YSCB)

The instructions for Multiple Controllers in the latest manual are for FS2000. FS2002 can handle multiple instances of the same axis without any special set up.My opinion is that if the devices are calibrated differently, you may get errors. For example if one device has a "bigger" range than the other, what happens when one device goes into this extended range? My thoughts are that the other device will not respond properly until the first device is brought back within the "common" range.I think if you had two identical yokes (or sticks), you would be OK (because the ranges are similar). Also, the CH yoke has a strong return to centre (spring) - unlike some force feed sticks which won't centre when forces are enabled. So if you are using a yoke and a FF stick, like I am, you may get errors because the stick is off centre all the time (and perhaps even in the bigger range).Also, I am curious as to how you guys have your captain / co-pilot setup. One computer? Two computers w/ Wideview? One computer, two monitors? Just curious...Andy (YSCB)

>> My opinion is that if the devices are calibrated differently, you may get errors. For example if one device has a "bigger" range than the other, what happens when one device goes into this extended range? My thoughts are that the other device will not respond properly until the first device is brought back within the "common" range. <http://www.stickworks.com

Hi Bob,Thats good info to know - thanks.My MS FF2 doesn't activate the forces until you place your hand on the grip. It has two light sensors which are probaly just light dependant resistors.It must be noise then that causes me the (minor) problems.!Thanks again,Andy (YSCB)

Guest jaapverduijn

Thanks all! Simply bypass FSUIPC then, I guess. Good!