Sign in to follow this  
Azapata87

Windows XP only with 800/900??

:-( :-( This is really dissapointing, not everyone has windows xp. Since when is Windows 2000 a bad operating system? (It isint!) I guess I'll need to remove my signature banner since I wont be flying the 800 or 900, windows 2000 is all I have.Andrewps. Its not like Upgrading Operating systems is cheap, Windows 2000 cost me hundreds of dollars when I bought it. I would understand if It were not supporting windows 98 or something but not supporting windows 2000 either? really bad:-mad.

Andrew,Surely that's a mistake. I could not believe my eyes when I saw it. Windows 2000 is Windows XP minus a few bells and whistles. In fact I think they both run on the same NT platform.

I have asked this question before, too (link: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=44530&page=3), but as far as I can think the 800/900 should run well with Windows2000 Pro.They write the same WinXP info below the base product (600/700) (why on earth am I calling it "base product" already??? ;) )I don't see any reason why it should not work, as the 600/700 does work with my system (also Win2000 Pro)

Guest Boaz

First off...The only persons I have heard speak of XP like you have are the ones who are still semi in love with the Amiga 64...Bells and Whistles?Ha I said the same thing about FS9 before I reinstalled it!And last but not least, you "bought" WIN2000? I do no anyone who pays for WIN;)Boaz...

Boaz,I can't comment on a post like that in a PMDG forum. It just would not be fair.

Guest LLgaz

>>>>>>And last but not least, you "bought" WIN2000? I do no anyone who pays for WIN <<<<<<<

I guess it is going to be windows XP only? Sorry to kick this thread back onto page 1 but an answer from pmdg or a beta tester would be nice.Andrew

It does say on the 800/900 page that it will be for XP ONLY.. I feel for all the non XP users as I only run FS2002 and its been stated that the 800/900 will be for FS2004 ONLY!.. Very very very dissapointing!!!!Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

I see that on the new 800/900 page. What's that all about??? I still run Win2000 Prof. with no problems at all. Please tell me that's not the case.

Sorry guys but I do not know either since I too am running XP PRO, I certainly did not install this windows version because of the NG but because how it out performs. Windows 2000 is not a bad system, in fact it's pretty stable. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+|ASUS KV8 DELUXE|GFORCE 5700 ULTRA|WD SATA 80 GIG|512 DDR 400|

Guest phorovsky

Hello thereThis subject started a couple of weeks ago. Has any finality been reached on this? PMDG do not seem to have responded in any way. I think it would be very, very disappointing if the 800/900 aircraft were only for Windows XP. No doubt some folk who still operate fs2002 will also be disappointed, but I do feel that windows 2000 is certainly not an antiquated operating system - we could certainly argue about the merits and demerits of XP/2000,but that is surely not the point.If I had not read this thread I would have imediately downloaded the new aircraft when it became available without giving it a second thought, but now I shall hesitate until I hear an authorative reply to the problem.I would love to hear from PMDG. paul

They probably have not responded due to the fact that they have it posted in the OIC.SECTION C - WindowsXP/2000/Me/98 Compatibility D.1) What version of Windows must I have to use this software?: PMDG products are programmed to be compatible with Windows XP. Users of older Windows versions (ME/2000/98) may also use this software, but you will need to install a small update file from microsoft in order to ensure compatibility! Please see question C.2. for further information!It is all on the 737 OIC page.so you are in there.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO