Sign in to follow this  
Guest Meritor

Engin e Startup from Tutorial Flight

Guest Meritor

Following the details in the manual to the letter I seem to be having problems starting up engine 2 - Also engine 1 seems to have a lot of reiginition sequences before firing up (is this normal.Engine 2 will not fire up and I am left to do a auto Cntrl-E start and then reset the overhead to dark before I can continue.If anybody can advise me of my errors Ill be glad to hear.

These things you have to keep in mind.Make sure you got the APU running and the APU GEN light are out.Open the APU BLEED valve and the packs are both off.If necesary you open the ISOL valve. And all engine fuel pumps are on. (center is only required if it's more then 450KG/1000Pounds is fild.Now start engine number 2 with the GRD start, at 20% N2 fuel control lever to IDLE. Repeat this for engine number 2.Let me know,

Guest Meritor

Thanks Ill give it a try and let you know

Guest Meritor

Everyhting works fine now - Thanks for your help - I guess I must have had a wrong setting somewhere probably the ISO valves.