Sign in to follow this  
Guest N757PM

IRS!!

LOL!Oh, if that's all there is to it, I don't understand why it's so difficult to implement! *:-* Maybe because, in Flight Simulator, the aircraft usually never really is where it is anyway!Cheers,Martijn

:-xxrotflmaoROFLMAO, that pretty much sums up the way I drive a car!!! Most of the times I know where I isn

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest acroshaw

Joking aside, if you want to see how it works look at ps1. You can even do "purges", although I have to say that I don't miss the irs in the pmdg sim, because everything else is so good.keep up the good work guys, looking forward to the 800/900, with or without irs it will be a great plane,ant

Timothy MetzingerCommercial Pilot - Airplane Single and Multiengine Land, Instrument Airplanewas about the only bit i got.nice one tim :-hah "Lairy"Liam Reynolds

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Guest N757PM

Well Timothy you made is sound so clear that I developed my own IRS just last night to implement into the PMDG 737's. Its almost done, just a few more tweaks and she'll be ready for download. No just kidding, but I do appreciate the time you spent to explain it to me even if it wasnt crystal clear. Basically what I have gathered so far is that an IRS is a little jewel that tells the aicraft where it is in the world and it does that by knowing where it is not. I think thats the major idea.

Tim, forgive me for saying this, but I find this description rather primitive - or I don't get it.The part "by knowing where it isn't" just doesn't make sense.The principle behind an IRS is actually very simple. Only applying those principles to an electronic equipment is complicated.Here's my understanding of the IRS:It knows where its at on the ground (because you tell it)Then, as it moves, it knows in which direction it is being moved (if you want, you could define this as the magical part) and it knows how long it has been moved (a precise clock). Done. Two mathematical/physical equations are required for this. (For those interested). Nothing that fancy, or?Now, of course, if you want to build an IRS, you need to figure out how to use the physical principles and, if you want an IRS with a low drift rate, you need to invest quite a bit of money. But the basic idea behind it is pretty simple.Regards,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png