Sign in to follow this  
Guest jamesnobrienmd

FMC nav data

Guest jamesnobrienmd

What am I missing here? I have downloaded the nav data. I have a flight plan from Flight Planner in FS9 with its waypoints but when I try to enter some of the waypoints, I am told they are not in the data base. How does one know what is in the data base before going to the trouble of making a flight plan only to find it will not work? Jim O'Brien

Hi Jim,Are you trying to enter them on the ROUTE page? If so are you using the right hand keys of the FMC to enter them? Left hand keys (LSK 1L-6L)are for entering airways and right hand keys (LSK 1R-6R) are for waypoints.Hope it helps,

Guest jamesnobrienmd

I will double check that tomorrow and if I am not entering it in the proper spots, will give it a try.ThanksJim O'Brien

Jim, On the FS NavLog page (I assume you are using the kneeboard) it lists the waypoint as the far left colmn. Then there is the via column (either direct {looks like ->} or via a jetway {ie. J121 or something}). On the FMC your waypoint area is the RIGHT column - ie you would enter your waypoint (like RDU or ORF or something) in - then press a key on the RIGHT side... Then you enter your jetways in the left column - so you would type some jetway (like J121) and press a key on the LEFT side.** By default it will always say DIRECT on the left side... I had that problem at first - but now I've learned to reverse the order the kneeboard says... Hope that helps - if not, let us know! EDIT: Sorry for stealing your thunder Mats ;)

Guest jamesnobrienmd

That's what comes of not reading carefully on my part. I assumed (bad decision) that it was exactly similar to the DreamFleet 737 FMC and did not notice the right vs. left instructions. However, I do have one more question. You indicated that I might be using the kneeboard. I was not because pressing F10 and getting the kneeboard leaves me with a totally blank kneeboard. How do I solve that?Jim O'Brien

If you create your flight plan with FS, the icon with the zig-zag (waypoints) will have your flight plan. If for some reason it doesn't, you can go to the "alt F" Flight Menu and choose navigation log and view/print it.Safe flying,Bob

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Guest jamesnobrienmd

ThanksJim O'Brien