Sign in to follow this  
Guest benw

Which aircraft would you like to see PMDG model next?

Guest ssc

I vote for 777 or A345/6. :-)

Guest mnieuwhof

I don't mind as long it is something else than Boeing...Greetz,Marc Nieuwhof

Guest Matthew Murray

Hey, What's the deal with the triple seven? I find it's systems rather un-entertaining from a virtual pilots point of view..not many buttons. I have to say the 757, so what if the PIC team is doing the 767, the 757 is still different. Plus, it would cater for a larger market than a 777 will, you can do short, medium or long-haul with a 757. Your pretty much stuck doing a long-haul with the 777 - I'm afraid not everyone sits at the computer for hours on end...the 737NG's does nicely for me because I can fly it for 2-3 hours nicely...757!!!

[P CLASS=style1] Matthew Murray [/P][P][sPAN CLASS=style1]-|www.precisionmanuals.com|-[bR][/sPAN]

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg[/P]

Guest CS-THV

SSW is Simsoftworkshop. www.simsoftworkshop.comcheck their A310. It is the second best add-on ever, after PMDG, according to that famous AVSIM article. when they finish correcting its bugs (in a week or two, according to what I know), it will be the best! it is SOOO complex! All systems modelled!

Guest benw

So it looks like a draw between the 777 and the 757!Although I originally voted for an MD-11, I'm now of the opinion that a versatile short/medium/long range aircraft would be best, so it's gotta be the 757.For my money, the flightdeck of the 777 is very similar to that of the 737 800/900, and I'm a short hop simmer, so like some of the posters above I don't have nine hours to sit behind the PC. The 777 is too big for me to get much use out of it really.I like to do busy short sectors with lots of climbing, descending and turning, and plenty of landings. Manchester-Amsterdam or London-Frankfurt or Edinburgh-Birmingham is my kind of simming, and the 757 is perfect for any length of trip. How many other aircraft have ETOPS clearance over entire oceans yet can pound away on 55 min Manchester-London routes? And the power...imagine a low-weight, full power take-off in the 75....!!!Ben

Guest Julian McCoy

i myself would absolutely love to see pmdg do a 764 and a 777 and do the best job full vc fmc the works cause although there are nice exterior models out there they have no vc's and i would like to see a vc that is pmdg quality and make it one of the best ever made, now that would be cool. a nice 764 or 777 with the works. Im talking about a plane so nice and cool and well done that i will fly it for hours and hours each day and not get bored with it in 15 minutes, now that would be a good model.

Hey everyone.. you may have noticed that no one from the PMDG team have actually replied in this thread. (As far as I know!)That SSW site has a grey picture of the B777 flightdeck that they are making.. it looks very good! So as hard as it is to say.. maybe we should let PMDG build something else since there is already a good looking B777 in the works...777 all the way!Some one said that they dont have time to fly the 9hour flights that these planes do.. QANTAS flies its B747s between cities up and down the east coast of Australia... during peak times. (I think anyway)Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest wee_davie_2612

>So I think my choice goes to a good old B737-300/400/500 :).>There aren't any good payware ones for FS9 :(. And I think>PMDG could produce it wornderfully :D.Dreamfleet are making a 737-200 (not the advanced variant) and the 737-400. There will be different models for gravel kit and hush kit versions too. Just FYI :)CheersDavid

Well, I was personally not that impressed with their A310 nor there customer service. I am sorry but everything else pales in comparison to what PMDG puts out IMO. Not to say that the other products out there are bad in any way but for me personally, I cannot go back down the ladder after flying a PMDG package. That is why I hope they go with the 777 after the 744.

Eric 

I am surprised that so many people are rooting for the 777, especially because PMDG is already working on a 747-400, which has a VERY close cockpit configuration with the 777, and the current 737NG for that matter.. Also, PSS (not that I am a huge PSS fan, but they are going to upgrade their 777 one of these days after the Corcord project I imagine.) There aren't any good Airbus's out there that simulate all the systems very well, including PSS's. Airbus would provide PMDG with a real good challenge.. PMDG could produce a dynamite A320/330/340 etc.. Or whichever one they choose.. I wasn't a huge Airbus fan until I flew on one.. They are great airplanes, and truly different to fly than any other airplane.My vote is for an Airbus A320 or A330/340.-Kevin

Guest knack

A triple 7 and an A330! Oh yeah!Tony

Guest Boaz

CS-THV thank you so much for that link...Although I cannot find a screenshot of their 777...But they are doing the A320!So again for you bus fans you have yet another one, and their quality looks acceptable!Who said that the 744 cockpitwas similar to the 777's? You obviously don't know the difference then...Boaz...

First vote B737NG!!!!!!! Just kidding :D But as the majority I would like a 777!!! CheersJohan "Whats VNAV?!?!" Adolfsson