Sign in to follow this  
Guest crsfamily

Upgrade advise

Guest crsfamily

I'm looking to upgrade to the following system. I would like some imput as to how this system might work with the following itemsFS9UT 2004PMDG 737NG (800 - 900) when it comes outMegaScenery USA 2004All other PMDG productsAlso using a Saitek X45 flight StickHere is the system:PS, - 420WCPU, - AMD64 3400+Mobo, - Asus K8V Deluxe Via-K8T800 ChipsetMemory, - 1024 MB DDR-400 PC3200 Corsair XMS ProVC, - ATI Radeon 9800XTHD, - 120 GB (Serial-ATA)8MB CacheSC, - Creative Lab Sound Blaster Audigy-2 ZS Platinum 7.1OS, - Win XP HomeThanks for any help in this matter.And to the PMDG Team. THANKS

Guest ba747heavy

Lets just say that you won't have any trouble running FS9 and FS2006 when it comes out :)

Guest crsfamily

FredThanks for the reply and to let you know I have your tutorial and want to just say thanks for the hard work.

I run the NG great and Megascenery does not slow one down whatsoever, it even improves frame rates at least in my case![h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Buck Bolduc

Chuck.We have pretty much the same setup.The only difference is the mobo, MSI Neo, memmory 1 gig Corsair TwinX LLP (2x512).Allso your HD is a nice big SATA, mines a little 40 gig ATA-100.I intend to add another 1 gig stick of TwinX LLP and a SATA drive or two, maybe a raid 0 setup.I love the A64-3400. This setup is locked at 50 FPS and it stays thier come hell or high water. I bought the Ready for Pushback 2nd. Gen. for Ocianic flights, while waiting for PMDG's 747-400 which will be a new ballgame. The A64 proccessor for the price in my opinion cannot be beat. Who knows, perhaps FS2006 will be compiled into a 64bit app???To answer your question tho, I would say another gig of memmory and another 120 gig SATA HD (the same model would be better) setup as RAID 0 is about all you can do to push the performance envelope.This would give you lightning fast HD access, on the other hand you may not need to access the drive very often with 2 gigs of memmory.For that reason I would add the memmory first.I know you gotta like your machine!Regards

Guest crsfamily

BuckA friend of mine and I just made the purchase today and hope to have the new systems within three weeks. We have taken your suggestion to add a second drive (cheaper)before adding the mem. I hope to be flying with most everything maxed if possible.Thanks to all that gave advice.Can't wait for the 8 & 900 to come out.