Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kiwiviator

Tasman Airways VA Beechcraft 1900D!!

Guest mruane

Hi PaulThats an interesting livery. It took me back a few years, but I recognised the "godwit" on the tail and immediately thought of the old "NAC". Still have fond memories of the Viscount's and Friendship's.

Guest PullUp

Yep,I immediately thought the exact same thing!!!Reminded me of the F27's coming into Napier when I was a kid and the old 737-200's.BTW Paul, is that the Nelson Scenery in your pic?Peter

Guest Kiwiviator

Yes, when I started Tasman Airways VA I used the old NAC livery. I subsequently found that I wanted to update it with something more modern as some of the aircraft that I wanted, when you painted the stripped livery on them, the stripes went up and down all over the place, especially around the nose area. So as you can see, the new livery has no painting near that area at all.Yes Peter, it is the Nelson scenery. A masterpiece isn't it! Timaru and Hokitika are favourites of mine too. I have at my site a DC3 for FS2002, F27, B737-200 and Vickers Viscount in NAC livery. Next project is the DH Rapide. The Viscount was painted by Rick Piper. I would love to paint the default DC3 in NAC livery, but the tail textures don't permit it.Paul Deans

Guest mruane

Hi PaulCan you tell me where you obtained the Nelson scenery. I flew out of there last weekend and the scenery is recongnisable. I wouldn't mind a copy.

Hi Guys,Good to see a solid Kiwi contingent here! It's funny where you'll find us...

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest mruane

Hi PaulI think I have found the scenery. Thanks... Have you given though to painting the PSS320/330/340 in that livery. I notice that you have the PMDG737 already?@Mark: Kiwi's are everywhere my friend.

"It's funny where you'll find us..."Yes, as an ex-pat Kiwi in Colorado.I too can recall the old F-27 Friendships into Hokitika, and the Viscounts and B732's at NZCH. Seems just like yesterday.Flying down to NZCH next Tuesday for a few days to see my folks.Bruce.

Guest mruane

Bruce,I can't remember when I last saw a Viscount but some of the old NAC/Air New Zealand F27's are still flying. Civil Aviation use them for ILS Calibration purposes and I think NZ Post has some for freight flights.Have a great time in Christchurch. You will be getting there before the "winter" sets in.

Guest PullUp

"It's funny where you'll find us..."Yep - Just goes to prove Kiwi's really can fly :-))I'm an Expat in the US too Bruce, I am in California (where the sun always shines).You lucky so-and-so for going home, have a great time.Peter

Air New Zealand has (or at least had) a Friendship Mk500 at the NZCH engineering base in flyable condition. It was a maintenance trainer. There is a Mk200 (I think ZK-BXE) at Wigram Airbase, the wings and tail are in storage and the remainder is parked on the ramp, if you ask nicely they let you go and snoop around it. Rumour was for a while that a group of people were going to restore it.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Kiwiviator

Hi BruceI also fly for a VA in the USA, and I was based at Denver. Flew to and over Jeffco many times. I love that part of the USA.I hope you enjoy your trip to Christchurch. A beautiful city.Paul

We can't wait for you all to go home !!!!! :-lol :-lol :-lol all in good fun ;)Cheers,

Thanks everyone.This time I'm flying American / Qantas- the only availability of discounted seats at short notice. Seems the have more daily flights from KLAX to NZAK than ANZ does!Bruce.