Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dutch Commando

Two questions regarding compatibility and 747.

Guest Dutch Commando

While I looked at the new 738/739 page I saw something that shocked (yes! ;)) me. Only compatible with Windows XP?!?!Is this just a way to secure yourself from any people that run other windows versions (as you probably develop on XP) or is it really likely that I need Windows XP (big Win2k fan here ;))?Secondly. Does the 747-400 also come in a Freight edition?Kind Regards,David Walschots

Well I will assume that providing support across a myriad of System Operating Systems is not realistic or feasible. The same goes for Flight Simulator versions support. You cannot co-develope to the extent of availible options in fs2004 and missing or not working correctly in fs2002 and expect the cunsumer to understand why or to even feel mislead. This eliminates such misunderstandings altogether. This is certainly no different than many other software title's requirements that one must have a certain CPU speed or video card to run their products. While this would seem to make it hard for those who cannot afford Win XP or FS2004, this is only an side effect for guaranteed compatibility of those running such platforms. Of course this is only my personal assumptions...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Well without wanting to sound rude, if I had have known that the 8/900 was only going to be XP compatable i would not have bought the 6/700 as I only got this with the understanding that I needed them for the variants that I really wanted. I am using Windows ME and cant afford to upgrade to XP so I feel a little cheated really.Richard Wheatley

Gents-when we say a product is supported on a particular OS version, it means that our tech support team will only answer help calls about our product installed on that particular OS only. This is a LOT different than saying that our product will CRASH on any other OS. MOST of our customers find no issues running our 737NG on any of the older OSes, but for those few that find problems, it is very very difficult for us to help them, as we don't have the luxury to have so many different PC installations with FS running, etc. As such, we elected to be very clear about NOT providing any support for non-XP operating systems.Hope this explains things.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Dutch Commando

Thank you for your answer on this.The words "WinXP only" just made me squeek :(.Kind Regards,David Walschots

Yeah by all means get rid of Windows ME ASAP - it's utter junk compared to XP for stability and features.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Buck Bolduc

You would do yourself a big favor by getting rid of Windows ME. It has a memmory hole or two that does not treat memmory over 256mb or so very well. I have many clients who had problems that were cured in a heartbeat simply by changing from ME to win2k or XP. I now recomend WinXP Pro, the Pro part rather than the "Home edition" in particular, for it's added networking facilities.Today's high end applications i.e. FS9 and PMDG to name a few, requier on average, 1 gig of ram and a decent video card to run well.A well balanced system will serve you well. What I mean by that is a fsat CPU with 128mb of memmory is like a VW with a 600 HP Cummings diesel installed, makes no sense.Regards

Guest prichards

I have WinXP and think its crazy they will only be supporting XP! They didn't bother telling us when we purchased the base pack! PMDG addons should be supported on all the OS's MSFS is supported on!Pete