Sign in to follow this  
Reset XPDR

600/700 Issues Clarification

I purchased the PMDG 737NG 600/700 a couple of months ago, and in the last two months have been doing some pretty intensive flying of this wonderful product. Whilst the vast majority of this flying has given me supreme pleasure, I have encountered a number of small issues along the way that, for me, rubs some of the shine off this otherwise perfect product. I recognise that it is far more likely these issues are a result of my own finger fumbling/system config/RTFM nature than the dreaded "B" word, hence I am here on this forum to seek input from other PMDG 737NG users and filter out the weeds before I pass them on to PMDG. Accordingly, can I ask you guys to provide comments on any of the following issues:1. Fuel progress accuracy

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Gary - i would pretty much say you are spot on with your notes i have had the same things happen to me as you have mentioned.good post"Lairy"Liam Reynolds

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Gary-Thanks for the post!I'm in the process of updating the manuals for the about-to-be-released 800/900, but thought I might have a few moments to offer some response to your list... >Whilst the vast majority of this flying has given me supreme>pleasure, I have encountered a number of small issues along>the way that, for me, rubs some of the shine off this>otherwise perfect product. Thanks for this commentary! The past few months of beta testing the 8/900 have made all of us on the development team forget that we have a pretty sound airplane here- and it's easy to get carried away with the "but still" items... so it is good to hear a compliment!>I recognise that it is far more likely these issues are a>result of my own finger fumbling/system config/RTFM nature>than the dreaded "B" word, hence I am here on this forum to>seek input from other PMDG 737NG users and filter out the>weeds before I pass them on to PMDG. Some but not all... ;-)>1. Fuel progress accuracy

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for the answers, Robert!Who said that critisism wasn't being tolerated here eh? But let's not open that can of trolls..."Time to get back to my manuals" Yeah...WTFM! :-hah "the about-to-be-released 800/900" hmmm, I particularly like that bit...Best,Martijn

Robert,Answers from a PMDG god - I am indeed honoured! I do feel guilty however in taking you away from your 8/900 work that the hungry hordes (me included) are eagerly awaiting.To clarify a few points you raised:>4. Apparent Error in Required Takeoff Field Length table in>the manual

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Gary,If I recall right, the last time I flew the PMDG bird it did not rotate correctly. Not nowing what the logic or reasoning behind this is, I will not go any further.The 757 FDE we've been making is better in this regard. We have made it to obey real AOM values exactly, just like you said, to make "light rotation" possible. You need about 1/3-1/2 of the travel to rotate her smoothly and climb away at V2+15.Oh btw, I do assume you are using the correct rotation technique. You should actually start the pull around V1 to commence rotation at Vr. Just as a tip :)Tero

PPL(A)

Thanks for the response Tero. I guess I have been spoilt by 767PIC which did behave in the manner that you and I mention. FWIW, I've sat centre seat during takeoff in C-130J aircraft more than a few times IRL and observed the same thing.Oh, and yes I do commence rotation at V1, aiming for 3 degrees per second pitch change.I hope that the 8/900 is tweaked in this regard.Gary

Hi Gary,I believe PMDG are listening, and I am fairly sure the newer version behaves better :).cheersTero

PPL(A)