Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

question @ PDMG

hi,there is one minor issue that is bugging me on the 737-600/-700 gauges.the digits (in the windows) on the airspeed and altitude band on the PFD are nicely rolling through, but not all of them (only the last two of them?)! on the real plane, they are all rolling through, isn

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Guest Peter Kastelein

Hi there,I have to agree with Denis. The only flaw I can find in this otherwise near perfect product are the movements of both the airspeed-, and altitude tape. They behave as if they are 'computed' in a much lower framerate. This occurs with both the 2D and 3D panels of the NG.Any ideas on how to improve that?Peterps can't wait for the 800/900 !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

yes Ramon, this is what i am talking about. sometimes it is confusing because for example when you are just 5 feet below let

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

You guys have lost me completely, what exactly are you talking about?? Altitude digits are not in ones on the PFD but every 20 FEET and SPD are shown by ONES... If you are having a frame rate issue use the LCD tuning to turn up the DISPLAY's FPS.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Daniel Pimentel

As Randy said, a solution to this would be to go into your PMDG menu and increase the FPS. That should make the movement of the tapes faster.Daniel P.

okay i made 2 screenshots to clarify.take a look at the first picture

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

" same on the IAS (see other screenshot). only the last digits scrolls, the others (tens and hundreds) don

Randy-thanks for standing up for us, but the real bird doesn't do this - it's something that I left out of the code.I could make an excuse and say that it'd drop frame rates or whatever, but... I won't.I will NOT promise it will be there for the next release (because I am unsure that my time alloted can fit it in), but I will try to do my best. (No idea if I'll make it!) ;-)

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest R Jones

Thank you for the honest, and to the point, reply. It sure put the issue to rest.Ryan Jones

Guest tmetzinger

>Randy->>thanks for standing up for us, but the real bird doesn't do>this - it's something that I left out of the code.>>I could make an excuse and say that it'd drop frame rates or>whatever, but... I won't.>>I will NOT promise it will be there for the next release>(because I am unsure that my time alloted can fit it in), but>I will try to do my best. (No idea if I'll make it!) ;-)Thanks for stepping up, Lefteris. Another example of how a professional attitude can make a client happy even if he doesn't get exactly what he wants.BZ!

Guest Stefan Bergert

I think, after having seen the real good screenshots, it would be nice to have it like in the real 737NG. This is a small thing but it's not that unimportant (and the big things are already great with this aircraft, so we only have small things to mention)!Stefan

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Fair play lefteris, I'm sure it'll be no easy task redesigning the display types for the PFD.But 10/10 for the honesty, it means a lot in this day and age.John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

thank you for the reply, Lefteris. like the others, i appreciate your honesty!the fact that we are discussing this kind of minor issue should be showing you how great your product is. as a spoiled (former) 767PIC user i must say that since SU2 i am really enjoying your 737NG!maybe someday, when everything else is working perfect, you will find the time to make that change. i (and probably some others) would really love to see that implemented!but again, this is not a big deal. just candy.thank you!maybe one more question: do you guys have the intention to make the fmc resizable in the future? (okay okay, no more requests... ;) )

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Guest Buck Bolduc

Lefteris is the man, if anyone can do it he can. But Rome wasn't built in a day, as the old saying goes.Regards