Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel Pimentel

A little panel modification I am working on...

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hey, folks:Since I know some of you are not going to be upgrading to the -800 (either because you don't want it or because you can't do it), I figured I'd start to work on a modification of the -700 panel to at least make it more accurate. I've been working with photos, and I've come up with this so far. It is obviously work in process... And it will not be shared or released unless PMDG gives me the green light (I'll ask when I'm done). I'd like to hear some opinions or ideas to improve on this... :)You'll notice the following major changes: - Change in overall shade to a less blueish grey. - Photoreal side panel and warning buttons. - Addition of non-functional light switch under AP panel. - Photoreal warnings where applicable. - Reworked knobs (working on that). = Screen panelling reworked (that is still being worked on). - Improved centerpost (under construction at time of picture).Anyways, suggestions and comments are welcome.PMDG: If there is a problem with me posting this, or doing it, let me know. Cheers,Daniel P.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/72060.jpg

Guest Lobaeux4

Fantastic looking!

Guest BrunoF

Daniel,That looks really nice!Looking forward to itBruno Francescoli :-waveStudent Pilot.KOPF PA28-161.

Guest adria320

Awesome looking panel :D

Guest JDiaz

lookin real good amigo but you know I'm getting that 800/900 =)jason

Thats looking very nice mate.. Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Hey Daniel it looks awesome! I hope you get permission from PMDG..

Firsty this is a modification that I'm sure you will not be allowed to distribute as per the EULA. Secondly, you won't be provided with any support from PMDG if anything goes wrong, so my suggestion would be to back it all up (which I'm sure you have already done).I guess we'll wait for an official response.regards,

Guest LLgaz

I recommend a couple of scratches on the paint somewhere. In my opinion, that's what makes the CS727 panel and the DF737 beat the PMDG737 panel in a competition for immersion. With these two panels they're more or less photo realistic, so they come with the scratches, the peeling paint, etc. Your modification looks a lot better than the cartoonish original. As a matter of fact, the reason why it looks better, is because it looks less cartoonish. If you can throw in a little peeling paint somewhere, or a scratch or two...some sort of wear/tear, it will increase the immersion factor ten-fold.I hope you're understanding what I'm rambling on about...:-)

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Anthony:Yes, I plan to. Here is an updated shot:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/72255.jpgThis is work in progress obviously. The auxiliary gauges are still being adjusted, but hopefully I'll get it looking fine soon. "Firsty this is a modification that I'm sure you will not be allowed to distribute as per the EULA. Secondly, you won't be provided with any support from PMDG if anything goes wrong, so my suggestion would be to back it all up (which I'm sure you have already done)."Yup, I backed it all up. I have been painting for 3 yrs, so I know the risks involved in modifying such files. :) Regarding the authorization, I think it won't be allowed too, but you know how it is... Once you start, you can't stop. :-lolThanks for the feedback, everyone.Daniel P.