Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcarlson123

Beech 1900D & Reality XP Zoom Panel Modification

Guest rcarlson123

Hi all,Due to the fonts being too small in 1600x1200 mode on the Beech 1900D panel, I decided to follow the advice of others here in the forum and purchase the Reality XP Jet Line 2 guages for the aircraft. I am extremely happy with the quality and functionality of the guages, but I find that the fonts on the EFIS are still too small.So, I decided to make a "Zoom" panel which incorporates all three of the Jet Line 2 guages as well as other critical default guages from the default main panel. I set up this zoom panel as the default panel for the aircraft, with the original default main panel also available using Shift-2. (The radio stack was moved to panel 12, accessible via the Views menu, if it's ever needed for some reason.) This modification only works for the 2D cockpit-only version of the plane, and not the VC version, although copying the modifications to the VC panel should be trivial for anyone with any panel tweaking experience.Here's a link to my site with a couple screenshots (one full size, one reduced), the new panel background bitmap, and the panel.cfg itself. Obviously, you must have the Reality XP Jet Line 2 guage set installed before this will work.To use my modification, first make a backup copy of your panel.cfg file from the "AircraftPMDG EXPRESS B1900DPanel" folder under your FS installation. Then copy the background bitmap (B1900_Zoom_Panel_1280.bmp) and panel.cfg files from my web site into that same folder. Then reload the aircraft, and you should see the new zoom panel as the default main panel. Remember to backup your existing panel.cfg first! Don't skip this step or you'll have to reinstall the aircraft if for any reason my modification doesn't work right for you.Note: Download and use these files at your own risk! I've only tested this panel modification on my computer, running FS9 in 1600x1200 mode. Your results may vary. Using these files may or may not void any warranty or support agreement with PMDG. PMDG does not support these files in any way, and neither do I, really. I can answer minor questions here in this thread, but that's about it. I'm a novice panel tweaker, so I won't be much help anyway. :)Have fun.

Guest mruane

Hi RossExcellent work and it solves my problem (with aging eye's). Can I suggest that you zip the panel BMP file. That will significantly reduce the size of that file making for a much faster download.Once again, many thanks.

Guest rcarlson123

Thanks for the suggestion ... I forgot that bitmaps compressed well. I have zipped the file and placed the zip at the above link. The unzipped version is there as well, for users with broadband that are too lazy to unzip the archive. :)