Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Fuel Bug

Guest A32X

Maybe this is too late to fix? Estry is a waypoint around 10nm away and the FMC is predicting a fuel burn of 3.5 tonnes to reach it! It crops up for short sector flights causing lots of erroneous insufficient fuel messages;

However once airborne the FMC updates everything perfectly. :(-Paul

The 700 is finished, there are no more patches for it. The 800-900 is a patch per se but not a free one.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest A32X

That's a shame; I'm guessing the real life NG doesn't behave like this? Will the 800/900 be improved?-Paul(BTW - Has anyone got a shot of a real life 737 FMC; what fuel burn does it predict for the first waypoint in the flightplan from take off?)

Guest A32X

It does. It predicts fuel at EGLL as 1.9, on the ground, then as soon as airborne it recalculates the figure to around 5.3 say.I'm guessing the FMC is trying to take into consideration taxi fuel but I think 3 tonnes or so is over doing it slightly. What does the real NG FMC use as a figure for taxi/start up fuel?-Paul(You wouldn't get this problem with an Airbus.) ;-)